O Canada -- February 2023

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

This took me far too long. I knew what the answer had to be but took something I saw and spent WAY too long trying to make that the mechanism. It was just too weak. I finally found what I needed.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

On the board at #358. I've been busy but that doesn't explain why this one took me such a ridiculously long time! Sometimes you just see stuff, sometimes you really, really don't :-)
pjc

Post by pjc »

lbray53 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:27 am This took me far too long. I knew what the answer had to be but took something I saw and spent WAY too long trying to make that the mechanism. It was just too weak. I finally found what I needed.
I wonder if I saw the same thing you did - and I completely obsessed over it until finally tossing it aside and coming up with the right answer after that.

We can talk Monday :-D
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

First time I'm hearing what I believe is the correct answer. Love it.

So glad I'm aboard the MMMM train!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

MikeyG wrote: ↑Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:24 pm First time I'm hearing what I believe is the correct answer. Love it.
oof

After hearing sisters play it on their AM radios for the 8,761st time, it can become a little stale.

πŸ‘‚πŸ»πŸ›

Happy to solve, none-the-less! πŸ™‰
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Joe Ross wrote: ↑Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:40 am After hearing sisters play it on their AM radios for the 8,761st time, it can become a little stale.
Incidentally, so can January's answer of BREAD.

(But that's just my rye sense of humor.)

Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Got this one. If the songs or bands are old enough, it's easier on my end!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

I'm a big fan of earworms, and I guess this one qualifies; I've heard Gordon's version only once and the MMMM jam session only once, and already, the tune is recognizable enough that I can hum a few bars.

Another thing that I think is pretty cool is when a creator's voice/interests can shine through. I'm new to the MMMM, so it's perhaps pretty obvious one of Muller's main non-crosswordian loves, but it's really cool to see that thread throughout. (I've seen that a bit with Gaffney on chess and tennis as well, say.)