"Roll the Dice" - January 22, 2023

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

MatthewL wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:17 pm Now, could someone explain the "Dino me" thing?
See viewtopic.php?t=527&start=21#.
@oldjudge suggested "dino me!" as the "solved it!" metaphor for the Pandora's Blocks puzzles early on.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Well I finally figured it out! Thanks Will for quite the challenge (for this solver anyway).
Heidi
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Am I correct in thinking there are no regularly-planned nudges for Pandora like there are for MMM?

Will sent an email pointing his subscribers to the Universal Crossword for today, as he and @damefox are the constructors...

http://syndication.andrewsmcmeel.com/puzzles/crosswords
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Schmeel wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:18 pm
MatthewL wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:17 pm Now, could someone explain the "Dino me" thing?
@oldjudge suggested "dino me!" as the "solved it!" metaphor for the Pandora's Blocks puzzles early on.
"Dino me!" is a "Really Mike" of "I'm done!"
AnswerPfinder

Post by AnswerPfinder »

MikeM000 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:35 am Am I correct in thinking there are no regularly-planned nudges for Pandora like there are for MMM?

Will sent an email pointing his subscribers to the Universal Crossword for today, as he and @damefox are the constructors...

http://syndication.andrewsmcmeel.com/puzzles/crosswords
I usually do individual nudges as needed instead of regularly-planned ones. Although this week @ReB has an excellent set of sequential nudges that I'm sure he'd be willing to share if you reach out to him!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Schmeel wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:18 pm
Schmeel---Thanks for remembering. Will's first few puzzles involved anagrams. DINO ME is an anagram of I'M DONE.
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Dino me! 🦕 I found this a struggle, but with help from a fellow muggle, I finally got it.
Cindy Heisler
ajk

Post by ajk »

Got it now thanks to a kindly nudge or three. I was in the ballpark, but not quite trying the right thing.

To emphasize the clarifying value of both the help received and the occasional beverage, I will note that BEERS UNDECIEVE anagrams to I'VE BEEN RESCUED :lol: :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Naptown Kid

Post by Naptown Kid »

ajk wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:56 pm Got it now thanks to a kindly nudge or three. I was in the ballpark, but not quite trying the right thing.

To emphasize the clarifying value of both the help received and the occasional beverage, I will note that BEERS UNDECIEVE anagrams to I'VE BEEN RESCUED :lol: :lol:
I was in the exact same boat. I suspected the answer long before I figured out the mechanism, but needed intense nudging to actually solve. Many thanks to my benefactor. Because I had to be dragged out of the box, I didn’t put my name in for the prize, but ajk, I’ll take one of your beers!
edestlin

Post by edestlin »

Dino me after I got some of those excellent sequential nudges!
mattythewsjpuzzler

Post by mattythewsjpuzzler »

Dino me! That took a number of iterations of pick it up/put it down. Print it. Repeat. But finally the light! Fun one and great aha moment!