Quick thought on Pageanting

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
sharkicicles

Quick thought on Pageanting

Post by sharkicicles »

With a meta like that with the answer being vague enough that “bowl game” would suffice, couldn’t you just fix that up with the answer being a “7-letter name for a contest?” Considering it fooled a bunch of people who take this seriously enough we’re on a message board for it, seems like that would have been an easy enough solution.
woozy

Post by woozy »

In my opinion "bowl game" should never have felt strong enough. These "find a description the the hidden items have in common" should never feel one hundred percent unless we have a very compelling reason that you are looking for a connector and it is certain there is only one possible description of the connector. Otherwise if you have a list of items and the items were too hard to find, one should think that's just a step on the way.

I'm not saying I haven't been fooled or people were less than brilliant when they were fooled. But I feel when one realizes they've been pangeanted the reaction should be "Oh, I guess that is tighter and I guess I didn't go far enough".

The unfair pageants are the one where the pageant answer is complete in and of iteself. (which I don't think "bowl games" was; why "bowl games"? why not "college bowls"? And shouldn't there be a step more then just "these are examples of something")
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.