Staying logged in

A place to ask and answer questions about how to use the forum.
Inca

Staying logged in

Post by Inca »

I do not click on Keep Me Logged In when I login so I know I will have to Login each time I go to the forum. However, once I am logged in, I would like to stay logged in as long as the page is up. I notice that I have to login again even if the page is still up but I have not accessed it for a while. Is there anyway, I can stay logged in as long as I do not close the page?
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

I will look into this. How long do you leave the page open without using it? I believe you are automatically logged out after 1 hour of inactivity. Selecting Keep Me Logged in might override this. I will see what I can find out.
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

It seems every day I have to re log in. And I check
Keep me logged in… why?
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

I used to be able to stay logged in by checking the “keep me logged in” box, but recently I have to log in again every single time I open the page, even though I always check the box. What has changed?
BrianMac
Site Admin

Post by BrianMac »

Leslie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am I used to be able to stay logged in by checking the “keep me logged in” box, but recently I have to log in again every single time I open the page, even though I always check the box. What has changed?
Every now and then, someone seems to have this problem, but it does not seem widespread. There are no settings I can control that can alter this. We recently migrated the site to a new hosting service, so it could be connected with that.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

BrianMac wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:05 pm
Leslie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am I used to be able to stay logged in by checking the “keep me logged in” box, but recently I have to log in again every single time I open the page, even though I always check the box. What has changed?
Every now and then, someone seems to have this problem, but it does not seem widespread. There are no settings I can control that can alter this. We recently migrated the site to a new hosting service, so it could be connected with that.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
I'm experiencing just the opposite: I used to have to log in frequently but now I seem to be staying logged in! Happy Thanksgiving, Brian, and thanks for all you do for us!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
auee89

Post by auee89 »

I stay logged in for extended periods of time (up to a month??) on 3 different devices (iPad, iPhone and PC) when I remember to check the box.
Kevin
Inca

Post by Inca »

On my pc, if I have "keep me logged in" checked, I stay logged. But on my phone (android), while it does keep me logged in for a while, every so often it decides to log me out. I can't see any rhyme or reason why it does or doesn't