"Earthquake Zone" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
edestlin

Post by edestlin »

Across the moat with nudge #2.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Phew! Needed the nudges but got it… I did not heed the MMM directive on this (which puzzle I have yet to solve, using any degree of thinking)
Ray
woozy

Post by woozy »

Fun puzzle.

Typical of Ben's nudges. 1) Well, obviously 2) Yeah, I figured 3) I sort of assumed more or less 4) Oh, I hadn't considered that.
Latest meta: Never forget... and never mind (A WSJ retaliation)
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Before I post the answer, here's the final solver update:

Carolyn
edestlin
rjy
woozy
DebbieC
Darrell
Sharkicicles

That's a grand total of 37.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "Earthquake Zone":

Earthquake Zone (solution).png

This week's MOAT will be a really fun one (I hope!) And now it's back to staring at the MGWCC... :?
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Wow, what amazing construction. I couldn't get it even with the nudges, sorry to say.