am I allowed to post?

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
bcimmet

am I allowed to post?

Post by bcimmet »

I'll delete this (or someone else can) ... but there was a warning here a month ago about me not being allowed to post anymore. The warning seems to have vanished and I don't really know what it was about, but I also don't know if I'm still banned from posting.

Sorry, I feel stupid asking. If I'm still banned, just delete this, and I'll get the hint.

Thanks.
--
Fill Me In, a crossword podcast
Apple Podcasts • RSS Feed • fmi@bemoresmarter.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

bcimmet wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:05 am I'll delete this (or someone else can) ... but there was a warning here a month ago about me not being allowed to post anymore. The warning seems to have vanished and I don't really know what it was about, but I also don't know if I'm still banned from posting.

Sorry, I feel stupid asking. If I'm still banned, just delete this, and I'll get the hint.

Thanks.
There was an issue with the board running out of server space, and we were all requested to stop posting until they could expand it.

That was done within a day or so. Everyone is free to post now.

Can't wait to see your next meta!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

bcimmet wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:05 am I'll delete this (or someone else can) ... but there was a warning here a month ago about me not being allowed to post anymore. The warning seems to have vanished and I don't really know what it was about, but I also don't know if I'm still banned from posting.

Thanks.
There's an unlikely second possibility that a Moderator (I don't recall it being me, but will take the blame) may have fat-thumbed a warning to you. I've seen (& been wary of) this tool when navigating the site.

Again, I doubt this happened & Barbara's explanation makes the most sense. However, should that have been the case, please ignore it & accept my apologies on behalf of all other mods.

I also apologize for not publicizing the all-clear from the other issue.

Your posts have been missed.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

BarbaraK wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:08 am

Thanks.
There was an issue with the board running out of server space, and we were all requested to stop posting until they could expand it.

That was done within a day or so. Everyone is free to post now.

Can't wait to see your next meta!
That's exactly what happened -- I remember how it went. Joe had posted the "no posts" message on all the threads, but perhaps you only saw the one on this thread, Brian, right after one of your own. I recall that your response was something like "Please tell me what I did wrong.... I won't do it again!...etc." I really wanted to let you know that it wasn't anything personal, but I couldn't post to do so. :P
Abide

Post by Abide »

You were guilty of posting great metas!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald