WSJ - Rows Garden!

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
auee89

WSJ - Rows Garden!

Post by auee89 »

Kevin
Meg

Post by Meg »

Fun as always. Thought I was stuck a few times, but everything worked out fine. Thanks, PB!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Always fun. Thanks, Mr. Patrick Berry
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

My options were: Knitting? Garden clean-up? Catching up on back episodes of "That Chapter" or "They Got Away With Murder"? So of course I did the Rows Garden. I SO enjoy these!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

I really enjoyed this one, perhaps because this is one of the first ones where I just worked straight from the top to the bottom. While I do like Patrick's variety puzzles, most of the time I am jumping all over the place, erasing and re-filling, and sprinkling in a fair amount of cursing. No cursing on this one, as I knew pretty much everything (well, I did have to Google Botticelli's first name, but that was just to confirm that the letters I had were correct).
Matthew
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Thanks for the heads up, @auee89 - I might have missed it otherwise! I really like the Rows Garden puzzles, this one included. Had to do some revising in rows D and E but got there in the end :D
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

A delight!
iggystan

Post by iggystan »

MatthewL wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:51 am I really enjoyed this one, perhaps because this is one of the first ones where I just worked straight from the top to the bottom. While I do like Patrick's variety puzzles, most of the time I am jumping all over the place, erasing and re-filling, and sprinkling in a fair amount of cursing. No cursing on this one, as I knew pretty much everything (well, I did have to Google Botticelli's first name, but that was just to confirm that the letters I had were correct).
It's funny, because I worked this one straight from bottom to top. I sometimes find myself a little stuck with portions of these sometimes, but not today; it went very quickly.