#90 I'd forget my head if it weren't attached

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
KayW

Post by KayW »

I got as far as finding the planets, after the nudges. And I did know of a similar mnemonic - My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles (for the Pluto fans).

But I didn't notice the words in the clues, and I just wasn't putting 2 and 2 - nor any of the other numbers - together to get to the answer. Doh!

With all the math and geography and now astronomy metas, I feel like I'm in summer school. And maybe flunking out.

Thanks woozy - Congrats on your first MMM! I hope to solve the next one.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Hmm... It's been pointed out that "Head" in the title may have been misleading.

I just meant "I'm so forgetful I need help remembering things" and did not mean to imply we were supposed to do anything to the first letter of words.

Oops.

Maybe I' retitle the CROSSHARE... or maybe I won't.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.