I've Got a Feeling - August 2022

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Wendy Walker wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:44 pm
MikeM000 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:34 pm There were only 2 that struck me as having shared titles with famous albums (I'm forgetting the other),
Yes, me too! I scanned the Billboard 2021 hits list and DEJA VU and RUMORS jumped out at me. But the Fleetwood Mac album was spelled RUMOURS so I knew that wasn't right.
I just looked again; probably not hugely in his wheelhouse like CSNY would be, but there was a hit called "Lemonade" and Beyonce had an album by that name a few years back.
HoldThatThought

Post by HoldThatThought »

Yikes, I just saw this question, and, to be totally honest, I'm not sure I remember exactly which blind spot I was referring to.

If memory serves me at all, I think I was alluding to the same experience that at least one other solver has mentioned in this thread - I wasted far too much time looking for words, or at least letter chunks that were mirror images.

I folded the grid in half, peered into a mirror (my wife has long since accepted inexplicable behavior, puzzle related or otherwise), and devoted inordinate amounts of time contemplating whether my sloppy puzzle scrawl was camouflaging something that would only be revealed within careful block lettering

The one, utterly sensible thing I wasn't doing - ultimately necessary to solve this challenge - was considering individual letters as " attention worthy" things.

I think my reflection was that I've become over-focused on semantics, ignoring symbols.

Does that make any sense?
hoover wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:22 pm
HoldThatThought wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:16 pm This meta mechanism exposed (at least for me) a bad habit that I've obviously developed in the solving wars. Clean and elegant solution, once I put that aside.

For those who are wondering if you need to know 2021 hits to solve - the answer is only if you're trying to back solve.
Now that the solution has been revealed, what's your bad habit?