"Nonverbal Communication" - July 10, 2022

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
ricky

Post by ricky »

🦕

One of the cleverest metas I've seen in some time. Really enjoyed this one.
Check out the meta challenge at Lexicon Devil

Latest puzzle: "This Place Looks Familiar," March 7, 2024

Deadline: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12 PM EST
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Yet another outstanding puzzle, Will!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Finally got shoved over the finish line by @Meg. So many rabbit holes!
Heidi
woozy

Post by woozy »

Hmm, I'm at the Catch 22 stage. Recognize this has a clever out of the box interpretation I haven't quite figured out yet, but know it must be good as it's so out of the box. ... but the realize to have it mean anything the meaning must be back in the box. So how to actually get the out of the box back into the box while still keeping it out of the box? That's a ponderable one.....
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
hashbrown

Post by hashbrown »

🦕 me!

Had to check the hints and consult Google lightly but a very creative mechanism and a great a-ha with a click.

2 for 2 this week Will (and Malaika on the MGWCC) !
-HB
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Got it with a nudge. Thanks @Meg!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
ReB

Post by ReB »

After puzzling earlier over the nudges, I had a second late night in a row AHA moment when everything fell into place. Very ingenious, Will.
markhr

Post by markhr »

Very clever. The final nudge helped.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

Great puzzle. I remember seeing the final step in other puzzles. Of course, I didn't remember it until after I'd gotten power-nudged to the solution.
Jay
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

haven't looked at the nudges, think i have the starting point, but it just leads to nowhere no matter how I try to apply a step 2... Then again I didn't get last weeks "easy" and I heard that song a zillion times...

UPDATE: I just looked at the first 2 nudges and I'm definitely on track. so I'll stare at it for another 24 hours before #3.
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: Fantastic meta! I saw the first steps on my own, but needed that third hint on the website to make the final leap.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Okay, I've been stuck since Sunday. I'll take a last minute nudge if anyone wants to give one (how to I get something nonverbal and non-lexigraphic to indicate anything in a grid that is strictly lexigraphic?) but otherwise I'll just wait till the reveal.

Bad week. Other than .... well, I did actually get three.... but four I just couldn't get anywhere on my own.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Dino'd - I didn't need hint 1 or 2, I was on the right track from the get-go, but oh boy did I need #3. Fun one - thanks!
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Swept in with the tide, thanks to help from @Wendy Walker - never would have got there otherwise. I can say this puzzle captured my attention - I kept returning to it without any luck until today.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Very fun, even if I am three weeks late. It has been tough catching up from vacation.

I needed all of the hints.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!