"Rabbit Holes" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Jeremy Smith

Post by Jeremy Smith »

Confirmed on CrossHARE. Thanks, Ben!
rjy

Post by rjy »

Nice Ben! Crossed the moat without having to pull my hares out
Ray
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Just to update the lost of solvers as we approach the end of the first 24 hours:

kieranjboyd
Jeremy Smith
Kaze
markhr
Mateo Cruzas
Pete Greenfield
Golem
rjy
Shae

That's 45 so far.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
SJMcK

Post by SJMcK »

Got there on Crosshare

Steven McKinney
DebbieC

Post by DebbieC »

Rabbits must be in season this week. Check out the NYT puzzle.
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

Moat-crossing confirmed on Crosshare. Thanks so much, Ben!
Sara
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solver update. Here's a few more who found their way out of the rabbit hole...

clev
SJMcK
Tyrpmom
Spid4567
Hidden in 3D
Bbaack
africh
shalmanezer
Paul S

Nudges within 24 hours...
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
dlonoff

Post by dlonoff »

Fun one, Ben! Thanks!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Three more solvers!

bereolos
dlonoff
maturin

Nudges imminent...
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Nudges, in order of increasing blatancy:

1. There is no clue in the grid; you only have the puzzle title to work with. That said, this is not supposed to be a difficult meta!

2. The four long entries should have stood out as you were completing the grid.

3. The clues for these four entries are impossible to answer because no one person will fit all of the details. But two people will.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

One more solver:

BarbaraK

58 in total. Congrats everyone.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the answer to "Rabbit Holes":

Rabbit Holes (solution).png

Hope you enjoyed the Warren mash-ups. As I commented on Crosshare, I would love to meet some of these mash-ups in person! And then there was @woozy's comment: I'm surprised you didn't have the clue "The 14th and 15th chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court". I wish I had thought of that, since that would have been brilliant.
kurtalert

Post by kurtalert »

Just solved. Loved it! TJ Warren of all people stood out to me and gave me the meta answer. He won me a fantasy basketball league years ago and I’ve never forgotten him, hah.