#64 - "Inspiration Point"

Creative and challenging meta crosswords (currently on hiatus) from: www.pgwcc.net
LLinNC

Post by LLinNC »

I see the path, but I can't put the last piece into place. It didn't help that I didn't realize there was a revised puzzle until long after I had started working on it. Putting it away for tonight and hopefully will have my aha moment tomorrow.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

FWLIW - I solved using the original (non-revised) puzzle. And didn't find the mistakes getting in the way of the solve.

(As I had asked Pete for the PUZ file, I did ask him about a mistake I saw...and he responded, yep a mistake. So perhaps I didn't worry too much about them as a result?)
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

LesY wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 pm Great puzzle! I learned a lot for sure.

To Al’s question, there is another level but it’s more of a theme-consistency than a level. Will keep looking to see if there’s more.
Exactly, I noticed that too.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved with help. Agree that it was too Google dependent for me.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

It has been interesting, to me, to read of your views on Googling for the metas. With this puzzle, specifically, I didn't mind the Googling. In fact, I enjoyed it. (Learned some things!) But I wouldn't want ALL metas to involve this much Googling, and I don't think I'd want them to commonly involve this much. Just now and then.
boharr

Post by boharr »

I got the correct solution fairly quickly, and it was by no means a wild guess. The problem was I didn't know how to get the correct solution by solving the meta. Eventually, with help, I got there.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:35 am It has been interesting, to me, to read of your views on Googling for the metas. With this puzzle, specifically, I didn't mind the Googling. In fact, I enjoyed it. (Learned some things!) But I wouldn't want ALL metas to involve this much Googling, and I don't think I'd want them to commonly involve this much. Just now and then.
I love to learn things from puzzles, especially new words or interesting facts. Nothing is better at a party than lulling people into complacency with strings of common word sentences and then dropping a “callipygian” on them. However, I can’t see what I googled in this puzzle ever being used again. LOL, google it.
Cindy N

Post by Cindy N »

I will admit, there was something in this puzzle that should have been an instant tell for me - and I totally overlooked it. Shame on me. I'll share when the answer is revealed and hang my head in shame.
Scott M

Post by Scott M »

I believe I can chalk this up as a rare winner for me. This is one of the toughest and most satisfying metas I've solved.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain
boharr

Post by boharr »

Cindy N wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:33 pm I will admit, there was something in this puzzle that should have been an instant tell for me - and I totally overlooked it. Shame on me. I'll share when the answer is revealed and hang my head in shame.
Look forward to it because I have a hunch.
C=64

Post by C=64 »

Laura M wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 pm Also I wanted to remind everyone that Google is not infallible,
Yep, I was led astray by one mistake online and had to pull a big dusty book off the shelf to verify the mistake.

Um, so, I just submitted my first meta puzzle answer ever! 😀
anjhinz

Post by anjhinz »

Wow, amazing puzzle. I'd never heard of the book but I'll be reading it soon for sure.
Cindy N

Post by Cindy N »

boharr wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:36 pm
Cindy N wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:33 pm I will admit, there was something in this puzzle that should have been an instant tell for me - and I totally overlooked it. Shame on me. I'll share when the answer is revealed and hang my head in shame.
Look forward to it because I have a hunch.
As promised...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmrbiX9__wM

:D