#56 - "Foreign Cinema"

Creative and challenging meta crosswords (currently on hiatus) from: www.pgwcc.net
RPardoe

#56 - "Foreign Cinema"

Post by RPardoe »

The answer to the metapuzzle is a movie title.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Pretty straightforward puzzle and solve this week. Might be another good intro puzzle for PGWCC newbies?
boharr

Post by boharr »

RPardoe wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:25 am Pretty straightforward puzzle and solve this week. Might be another good intro puzzle for PGWCC newbies?
Easy for you to say. LOL.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Nice puzzle. I like when I can do the grid without Google, and have heard, or sort of heard, of all the words in the grid. I did need to do some research for the meta, but the path was straightforward and fun.
Hector

Post by Hector »

I ... think I have it. We'll see. Nice grid. Guessing you won't be the only one needing to do "some research" for the meta, Toby!
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

I wish I knew what to research!

Well, I'll set this one aside for a while. There's time. Maybe I'll wake up with it.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

I also wish I knew what to research. I wonder if this is one of those puzzles where you have to [REDACTED] or instead you have to [REDACTED]....
Tina

Post by Tina »

Seeking post-enlightenment.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Tina wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:14 pm Seeking post-enlightenment.
Ha, I prefer pre-enlightenment! Otherwise I won't be able to figure out the solution, hehe.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Got it. Research required.
Heidi
TPS

Post by TPS »

I haven’t decided if I want to even attempt this one this week. I gotta say - the answer to last week’s made no sense to me. If that is where he is coming from and the way his mind works - I’m not sure I want to get my mind in that space.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

TPS wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 pm I haven’t decided if I want to even attempt this one this week. I gotta say - the answer to last week’s made no sense to me. If that is where he is coming from and the way his mind works - I’m not sure I want to get my mind in that space.
LOL. Welcome to the ... interesting ... world of PGWCC.
TMart

Post by TMart »

Ah - got it. Nice puzzle. I always learn something with pgw metas!
Meg

Post by Meg »

Well, I had the answer written out and didn’t see it until today. OK.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Took a circuitous path but finally got here. I generally try to avoid reading comments about a puzzle until I've solved it, but I gave in earlier today and looked to see whether it was likely that I was overcomplicating (yes). Nice one, now that I can appreciate it!
burak

Post by burak »

I've tried every "straightforward" path that comes to mind, but I guess I'm forgetting about one. Maybe I'll see the answer later in the week.

But yeah, the grid was exceptionally easy this week! Which actually scares me even more LOL.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I've made no progress on this one or Brian's latest. Maybe it's the lack of beer the past few weeks? My undulled brain keeps getting distracted by a million things, and I haven't been able to focus on these puzzles.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

FrankieHeck wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 am I've made no progress on this one or Brian's latest. Maybe it's the lack of beer the past few weeks? My undulled brain keeps getting distracted by a million things, and I haven't been able to focus on these puzzles.
I think we're all distracted by current events. Go easy on yourself.
Heidi
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I'm stumped too. I had a million clever ideas to chase down, only to infer from the posts in this thread that I'm probably overshooting it... again. Still have time and I've still got some more mechanisms to chase down.... but slowly.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Al Sisti wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:04 pm I'm stumped too. I had a million clever ideas to chase down, only to infer from the posts in this thread that I'm probably overshooting it... again. Still have time and I've still got some more mechanisms to chase down.... but slowly.
I'm not alone!