"The Dark Side" - 2019 Mega Meta

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I sent in "Turn, Turn, Turn" on April 1st and "Turn Back Time" on May 7. I had a feeling by then that the whole turn thing was a red herring but just had try, just in case.

After that, I got gun shy and didn't try again until November 5, just a few minutes before the November puzzle came out. Got it right that time.
Thurman8er

Post by Thurman8er »

I sent in "Everything I Do (I Do IT For You) in May. I sent in "Don't Let IT End" a few months ago (when I thought Styx instead of Stones).
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

I only submitted the one guess (after the September puzzle) and I'm still kind of stunned that it was right. Even with all the info it doesn't seem like a slam dunk.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I made several costly wrong guesses, even when I identified the correct band, and (again wrongly) thought I'd earlier submitted the right answer. Live and learn ... and apparently learn NOT to rely on my faulty memory!