#673 - "Two Down"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

down a couple rabbit holes, could use a nudge please.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Totally lost. I have tried several things based on the title and 28D but no clue at this point. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Bonnibel

Post by Bonnibel »

I think I have it...however not really getting the aha! Would love a nudge to confirm or deny.
🌴🍹
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Argh - lost without a clue. 😬
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Last time I spent this long on a puzzle it turned out to be a solution I never would have gotten anyway. Thinking of giving up so I can do something more productive. If you’ve solved can you let us confounded ones know if you think more hours of staring might actually yield a solution?

UPDATE - some nudging kept me on a path I had mostly found but after a little more encouraging I realized I just needed to change flavors, to mix a metaphor. Anyway, beam me up. Not a stretch to claim a group solve on this one (next week gonna knock Sisyphus back down anyway...).
Last edited by HeadinHome on Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The other Wendy. :roll:
camandsampowercouple

Post by camandsampowercouple »

I am absolutely clueless about where to go from here. I enjoyed solving the grid at least!
camandsampowercouple

Post by camandsampowercouple »

If there is anyone else that is stumped and would like to team up and compare notes and try to tackle this thing together, send me a message!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

This might be one that I have no chance on, haha. Love the grid, will probably love the mechanism when I eventually see it, but nothing is dropping so far. We'll see what the next few days hold!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 89. That's Not Right!
BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

With extreme rabbit hole potential, I requested some coaching and was thus able to stay on the path and reach the finish line. Very cool.
-Tamara
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

I've been looking at this off and on since Friday. I don't even have a step one!
Heidi
cisalope

Post by cisalope »

I have no idea where to start on this puzzle. I would love a nudge!
baskin98

Post by baskin98 »

Confident I’m 80% of the way there. Unless I’m stuck in a hole that works 80%? Would love a nudge!
dk letter

Post by dk letter »

Also count me stuck - I'd like to blame it on the distraction of the ACPT! I would appreciate a nudge if someone is willing to help!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Well, after getting excited by 414 different "this can't be coincidence" quasi-mechanisms, I'm giving up. Okay, not so much giving up as not obsessing over it. I still plan on looking at it every few hours... And no, this isn't a request for a nudge. If I get it, I get it; if I don't, I suspect the world will keep on spinning.
higgysue

Post by higgysue »

I’m still pondering. Glad to hear I’m in good company.
Orsys

Post by Orsys »

Got it!
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Al Sisti wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:28 pm Well, after getting excited by 414 different "this can't be coincidence" quasi-mechanisms, I'm giving up. Okay, not so much giving up as not obsessing over it. I still plan on looking at it every few hours... And no, this isn't a request for a nudge. If I get it, I get it; if I don't, I suspect the world will keep on spinning.
In the exact same boat.
CrossedPurposes

Post by CrossedPurposes »

Would love a nudge or a collaborator. Have some ideas but keep turning up holes and no rabbits.
ajk

Post by ajk »

Had a bit of a busier weekend than normal, but given that I still have absolutely nothing I suspect I could have stared at it for the regular amount of time and been in the same place as I am now. :)
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Big Mac

Post by Big Mac »

Not getting this meta is bothering me more than it should.