A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 2627
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is title "Bit Parts" by Matt Gaffney
The answer to this week's contest is a two-word candy brand
Good luck with the grid and the meta
20210507 WSJCC — Bit Parts — Excel form
- Posts: 1676
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 am
- Location: Cincinnati
Ashore. Wow. Almost felt a breeze on the way in.
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
Toes in the sand (and thankful for a warm, albeit virtual, beach… we’re looking at a high of 55 for the next week or so); Guinness me please!
- Posts: 364
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: PDX, via NH/VT
Edit: I have to admit that this was not a clean kill. I used Google for something, then confused myself with something else, then had the "aha" moment but this all happened in the span of 3 minutes.
Last edited by C=64
on Thu May 06, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 193
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:39 am
On shore. It's Miller Time!!
- Posts: 734
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:10 am
- Location: Chicago
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:59 pm
- Location: New Hampshire
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:33 am
Wow that was quick. Done and done.... right up my alley
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm
- Location: Virginia
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:57 am
- Location: Atlanta, GA
Ashore. Quite clever. G&T for me, please.
Edited to add: Woo -- only my second Page 1 ever.
Last edited by MatthewL
on Thu May 06, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:44 pm
- Location: New York, New York
Glad to be ashore! I'm planning on having a little bit of gin soon!
- Posts: 372
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:44 pm
- Location: Beaver, PA
On the beach! 🏖
with a pomegranate margarita saved from the Cinco de Mayo batch.
Enjoyed the puzzle!
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 pm
- Location: South Williamsport, PA
I liked that one. Count me ashore, please, with a day late/dollar short Cinco de Mayo margarita. (With apologies for echoing Beth in our near-simultaneous posts.)
Last edited by Tom Wilson
on Thu May 06, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
- Location: Loveland, Colorado
On shore. Very cute
Chaddog on MGWCC leaderboard
Matt in real life
Me, you found in Mr. Public's car rental company. (9)
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:51 pm
- Location: Los Angeles
Clever, and a breeze, at least compared to some other Gaffney's. Now luxuriating in the tropical breeze on the beach.
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:12 pm
Fun puzzle, safely ashore! But my Minnesota Twins stink.
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Happy Muggle Mother's Day!
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:30 pm
- Location: Brownstown, MI
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 12:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:54 pm
- Location: Chicago suburbs