"Bit Parts" - May 7, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
SusieG

Post by SusieG »

I think I’m ashore. Submitting my “guess” because it makes some sense. Good luck all.
ColeTrain

Post by ColeTrain »

On shore with some help haha. Really have to think out of the box with these.
Usually found struggling with the meta late Saturday and Sunday night.
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Back on track and on shore after a brief hiatus. As many have doubtless said or thought ...

SWEET. : ) ) )

Good rest-of-weekend to all.
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Okay, page 15, so? I'm here!

Anyone seen the cabana boy??? . . . . .
Attachments
Crowded beach.jpg
femullen

Post by femullen »

Taxes are done. Talk about rabbit holes!

Meta? Not a clue.

Think I'll have a 1099 INT-eresting beer now and give this rabbit warren a rest till tomorrow. Perhaps at Mass in the morning I'll hear the word.
For nudges, feel free to PM me. I won't have a clue how to help you, but you might shove me ashore.
CopperRiver

Post by CopperRiver »

On the beach. My first rabbit hole was actually the solution once I fixed something.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Lyman

Post by Lyman »

Ashore for the first time in weeks. And son received his Eagle Scout regalia. A great weekend, with Mother's Day to come.
zacmoretz

Post by zacmoretz »

Ashore! Sazerac please since we are in New Orleans this weekend. Amazing city!
OGuyDave

Post by OGuyDave »

Done, yesterday; and done, after a struggle, today. Hey, two weeks in a row!

TFTXWD
iblinked

Post by iblinked »

On shore, finally
TeaJenny

Post by TeaJenny »

Ashore finally!
Make it a hurricane before I go insane.
You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

cbarbee002 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:54 pm Okay, page 15, so? I'm here!

Anyone seen the cabana boy??? . . . . .
Yeah. I see him. There in your photo. He's kinda in the middle, but about half-way to the left edge from center, and just a smidge below the horizontal center line. Oh, and I see you too!. Just turn around and push your way about 15 feet forward. you can't miss him! He's got your drink and is actually looking for you.
NaluGirl

Post by NaluGirl »

Finally ashore!
Colin

Post by Colin »

Mother’s are the best!
This meta not a great test,
But cool nonetheless!

(Ashore)
One world. One planet. One future.
Scott Lindholm

Post by Scott Lindholm »

First time on shore in about a month, so it'll be crowded. I'm vaccinated, so you can have a beer or ten with me.

And, fresh from the wilds of urban Chicago...
Attachments
09FF1888-3EAC-4F91-8A4B-267413BF86BC.jpeg
sphorning

Post by sphorning »

On shore! Headed to Folly Beach and then Hilton Head for a few days of toes in those sandy SC beaches. Upslope Hazy IPA, please!
pookie

Post by pookie »

Bob cruise director wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm
Patty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:46 am 10th page won’t win any awards but I’ll take it😎

Our neighbor is a photographer and his mother was a classical pianist. He has put together a series of 6 short films combining his mother playing along with sunset shots taken from his balcony overlooking the Mediterranean in Mallorca.

Patty
Thank your neighbor for me. I don't know which I appreciate more - the piano because I tried and am miserable at so I am in awe of those who can or the photography because I can and appreciate the ability and creativity of those who take great pictures.
Bob, I was just reading all of the comments to find out if anyone already asked about your full moon/lighthouse (I think) photo. I'm mesmerized by it! You always have such interesting photos each week.
Can you tell us anything about this week's photo?
TPS

Post by TPS »

zacmoretz wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:44 pm Ashore! Sazerac please since we are in New Orleans this weekend. Amazing city!
I’m spending the month of June there - I am very excited!
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

pookie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm
Patty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:46 am 10th page won’t win any awards but I’ll take it😎

Our neighbor is a photographer and his mother was a classical pianist. He has put together a series of 6 short films combining his mother playing along with sunset shots taken from his balcony overlooking the Mediterranean in Mallorca.

Patty
Thank your neighbor for me. I don't know which I appreciate more - the piano because I tried and am miserable at so I am in awe of those who can or the photography because I can and appreciate the ability and creativity of those who take great pictures.
Bob, I was just reading all of the comments to find out if anyone already asked about your full moon/lighthouse (I think) photo. I'm mesmerized by it! You always have such interesting photos each week.
Can you tell us anything about this week's photo?
For the past year, since we can not travel like we are used to, I have been infatuated with taking full moon pictures and pictures with the ISS crossing the moon and the sun. That image is the full pink moon from last month taken over Nubble lighthouse in York Maine. This lighthouse is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the country. I have many other photographs of the full moon and that lighthouse in as much bad weather as I can get.

Over the course of the next month, I have on the agenda, 1) the full moon setting over the wiggly bridge in York, the ISS transiting the full moon, 2) the ISS transiting the sun, 3) a couple of other full moon shots this month and 4) on June 10, there is an almost full solar eclipse that will come up just over Nubble Light so I hope to get several different shots of that. The big thing with all of these kinds of shots is planning to be in the right place at the right time with the right equipment and hope for good weather.

This is Portsmouth NH at night from Kittery ME

Robert Stevens_2016_12_06_50D_IMG_0475_6_7_tonemapped 3.jpg
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
eagle1279

Post by eagle1279 »

Ashore, after something of a struggle.

I didn’t post last week because my wife and I were on our 3-day spring migration from Arizona to Indiana, where we found a nest with different-colored eggs in a wreath by our front door. Is it common for the same bird to lay such a variety of eggs?
62CD65F7-CDB2-435B-AE31-61C695B0AD52.jpeg