"Two For The Show" - April 2, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
JordanianTomlinson

Post by JordanianTomlinson »

Ashore. Smashing!
Plymouthrock

Post by Plymouthrock »

Donation button not working for me and would like to donate. What to do now?
billkatz

Post by billkatz »

On shore - I'll take a nice glass of red.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

12114337-7DCC-4AC6-A717-B8D0205583B7.jpeg
Happy Easter from my grandson and his footprints! Bunnies everywhere!
Heidi
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

On shore!

Finally. I stared for quite some time before seeing what I needed to in what was more or less a flash.Which seems to have been the experience of quite a few Muggles.

Good one!
mbryant

Post by mbryant »

Ashore and a new streak starting after last weeks inability to see the math. I liked this one and saw the path early but it was a long hike to the 31A.

Thanks for maintaining the forum and making the donation easy to complete.
Last edited by mbryant on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

KayW wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:16 pm :desert_island: On shore. and love the donate option - thanks again Brian for everything you've done for muggledom!

EDIT: To clarify for anyone who may not have read the fine print on the fund-raising announcement, the donations will be used to defray the increasing costs of running this site. Up to now, Brian has borne all the costs himself, in addition to providing hours and hours of his time to maintain this marvelous forum.

20210402 WSJCC — Two for the Show — Excel form
I'm so glad that he has finally allowed us the opportunity to pitch in. It wasn't fair for him to have to do all the work AND bear all the expense. Glad he has found someone for tech support so that he no longer has to stress himself out over something that is just a wonderful, fun and entertaining diversion for all of us.
M and M

Post by M and M »

Had fun with this one. Like others, we had a few convincing rabbit holes to deal with, but we are safely on shore now.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Plymouthrock wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:40 pm Donation button not working for me and would like to donate. What to do now?
Try a different browser, maybe. It worked for me using Firefox in Windows 10.
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

🏝
markhr

Post by markhr »

Mike faked me out on this one. I rattled around the wrong rabbit hole for a while, then finally saw what was happening.
Very clever job.

I am also happy to contribute to the site, and encourage others to do so. Brian's work is most appreciated.
ajk

Post by ajk »

Still chillin with Isaac (think he's starting to get a little sick of me), but even if I can't figure out the meta at least I can figure out the donation. :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Trey

Post by Trey »

I rowed alone and got to shore! Marion will be joining me shortly, so count us both in the sand. Glad to be done on a Thursday and strutting a little with the solo homer...........luck to all!!
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

On shore and donated.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Had to sleep on it, but got it after some coffee. Nice to be on shore. Nice meta. And nice to able to throw Brian a few $$ to keep this awesome site afloat.
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.
Joepickett

Post by Joepickett »

Im going to need a nudge. I've slept on it
I've walked away from it. Nada.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Yes I’ll take a nudge too so I can get on with my holiday weekend... I have a good idea what the mechanism would be, and I know my art and artists, so I’m surprised (and miffed) that I’m not seeing what you all are seeing! :cry:

UPDATE: I was able to solve with a confirmation nudge (the first one I got) - thanks! I will open the other nudges but I'm ON SHORE! ummm.. maybe a Mimosa on this fine morning!
Last edited by HeadinHome on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The other Wendy. :roll:
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

I am on shore--thanks to a tow by my husband. He was glancing at the grid while we were talking on the phone with our son and DIL, and saw the mechanism. A slight hint and here we are.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

With metas, too much knowledge of the subject can be more hindrance than help.
AnswerPfinder

Post by AnswerPfinder »

BarbaraK wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:43 am With metas, too much knowledge of the subject can be more hindrance than help.
Usually yes, but wasn't there a painter-themed one from last July that required you to know the full name of a whole bunch of different painters? I remember Googling quite a bit on that one.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.