"Town & Country" - March 19, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Rate the difficulty of the meta
Limerick Savant

Post by Limerick Savant »

Joe Ross wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Olaf wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:34 pm So does anyone know when they actually do their “drawing” to select each week’s winner? I’d like to stop obsessing all the time and checking my spam folder. I could probably get 30 minutes of my life back eVery week if I just knew when the winner would be picked!
The winner is selected Monday morning & is contacted via the email address by which they submitted. Check your email.

It sometimes takes longer to report the winner when the winner doesn't reply.

I just realized that this reminds me of the opening of the original Twilight Zone

Boy, I have too much time on my hands! :lol:
Dedicated to no nonsense nonsense
KayW

Post by KayW »

steveb wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:23 am
SarasotaSun wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am Perhaps the first name chosen should have 24 hours to respond. If not, then another entry should be selected?
I believe the official rules give the winner one week to respond. I don't think any prize has gone unclaimed since the contest started in 2015.
I vaguely remember there was one week the first winner did not respond fast enough, and WSJ notified a second winner. After which, the first winner responded. WSJ awarded two mugs that week. (Unless I hallucinated this. Sadly, I was not either winner. Then or ever.)
steveb

Post by steveb »

KayW wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:09 pm
steveb wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:23 am
SarasotaSun wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am Perhaps the first name chosen should have 24 hours to respond. If not, then another entry should be selected?
I believe the official rules give the winner one week to respond. I don't think any prize has gone unclaimed since the contest started in 2015.
I vaguely remember there was one week the first winner did not respond fast enough, and WSJ notified a second winner. After which, the first winner responded. WSJ awarded two mugs that week. (Unless I hallucinated this. Sadly, I was not either winner. Then or ever.)
Me neither. But I keep trying!