"Town & Country" - March 19, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Limerick Savant

Post by Limerick Savant »

Joe Ross wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Olaf wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:34 pm So does anyone know when they actually do their “drawing” to select each week’s winner? I’d like to stop obsessing all the time and checking my spam folder. I could probably get 30 minutes of my life back eVery week if I just knew when the winner would be picked!
The winner is selected Monday morning & is contacted via the email address by which they submitted. Check your email.

It sometimes takes longer to report the winner when the winner doesn't reply.

I just realized that this reminds me of the opening of the original Twilight Zone

Boy, I have too much time on my hands! :lol:
Dedicated to no nonsense nonsense
KayW

Post by KayW »

steveb wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:23 am
SarasotaSun wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am Perhaps the first name chosen should have 24 hours to respond. If not, then another entry should be selected?
I believe the official rules give the winner one week to respond. I don't think any prize has gone unclaimed since the contest started in 2015.
I vaguely remember there was one week the first winner did not respond fast enough, and WSJ notified a second winner. After which, the first winner responded. WSJ awarded two mugs that week. (Unless I hallucinated this. Sadly, I was not either winner. Then or ever.)
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
steveb

Post by steveb »

KayW wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:09 pm
steveb wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:23 am
SarasotaSun wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am Perhaps the first name chosen should have 24 hours to respond. If not, then another entry should be selected?
I believe the official rules give the winner one week to respond. I don't think any prize has gone unclaimed since the contest started in 2015.
I vaguely remember there was one week the first winner did not respond fast enough, and WSJ notified a second winner. After which, the first winner responded. WSJ awarded two mugs that week. (Unless I hallucinated this. Sadly, I was not either winner. Then or ever.)
Me neither. But I keep trying!