A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 2627
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is titled BETWEEN MEALS by Matt Gaffney
The answer to this week's contest crossword is a kind of sandwich
Good luck getting the grid and the meta
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm
First one ashore! Woo-hoo!!
- Posts: 160
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:06 pm
Is anyone else having trouble doing this on line.? Type in a letter and it disappears.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 654
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 pm
- Location: Connecticut
On shore and hungry! Toes in the sand...which is a nice feeling!
(No trouble with the online version.)
- Posts: 512
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm
Ashore! Very enjoyable, both the puzzle and the sandwich.
Have a great weekend, Muggles!
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
Safely on shore… Guinness me please!
- Posts: 745
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
Delicious! On shore!
Good luck, fellow Muggles! I'm happy to give nudges, but only if you're still stuck on Sunday. Just send me a PM and tell me what you've tried so far.
- Posts: 791
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm
- Location: West Virginia
On shore, eating and drinking.
- Posts: 372
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:44 pm
- Location: Beaver, PA
On the beach! 🏖
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm
- Location: New Hampshire
On the beach and I think I may just have a glass of wine tonight.
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:46 am
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
On the beach and ready for happy hour!
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Posts: 473
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm
- Location: Near Louisville Ky
On the beach. Now to go fix myself a sandwich.
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm
Had a rough go of it the last few weeks, so happy to say I'm on shore and ready for the weekend! And I think I might go make one of these for a late lunch.
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm
- Location: San Francisco
There's a tropical island, a Mediterranean one, and a sea-port, as well as references to sea, sun, and sand, a beer, a wine region, and barrels. All that's missing is the mug.
- Posts: 873
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm
- Location: Studio City, CA
On shore! Fun one! Going to be a crowded beach, so everyone stay at a safe partying distance.
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:22 pm
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 pm
- Location: Urbana, Ohio
I will have my sangwich on the beach please!
- Posts: 749
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 am
- Location: Pasadena, CA
On shore, and what a great idea for lunch! I thought the grid was tough, btw.
Last edited by oldjudge
on Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.