"What Not To Do" - March 27, 2020

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
TPS

Post by TPS »

Well I have a ten letter word that fits the clues but didn't use any process to get the letters - same as every week - so its probably wrong but its what I'll probably submit.
Jim and Anita

Post by Jim and Anita »

Ashore! We were delayed getting started because our local internet has slowed to a crawl with all the stay-at-homes streaming content. We enjoyed the fun diversion. In other news, a highlight today was that after Anita was appointed to an interim 19-month term as one of our local township supervisors, the township manager and a notary public came to our front yard to notarize her oath of office from an appropriate social distance and to talk about how she can video conference for future meetings.
bobbydeee

Post by bobbydeee »

On shore! A quick solve but clever construction. Stay well, fellow muggles.
MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Done with the grid but grinding on the meta. Seem to have pieces of the rabbit but they aren't assembling as I figured. Onward!
'tis... A lovely day for a Guinness!
joequavis

Post by joequavis »

Still churning on it...
elan

Post by elan »

ashore! Hope you all are well.
burak

Post by burak »

Nice. Once you realize what's going on it unravels fast, but is nonetheless fun.

MGWCC will probably be super hard this week so I'm glad I got PGWCC and WSJCC out of the way early.

Edit: Forgot to say the magic words again. Ashore.
joequavis

Post by joequavis »

Posting that you haven't gotten the puzzle really does help! Ashore!
TPS

Post by TPS »

joequavis wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:07 pm Posting that you haven't gotten the puzzle really does help! Ashore!
:lol: :lol: Unfortunately its never helped me! Not even a little.
damefox

Post by damefox »

Ashore. 95% sure it's the right shore. Stay safe all.
spotter

Post by spotter »

Been trying something but I’m not getting anywhere. I'm stumped for now. Tomorrow is another day. I can't even guess at a ten letter word still either. Hmmm
MatthewB

Post by MatthewB »

Ashore but maintaining a safe social distance. Is this really a 4th week puzzle? Perhaps it's a gift to all the shut-ins.
Omnibus

Post by Omnibus »

Ashore. Took a little while, but setting it aside and relooking at it periodically helped a lot. Brain needs time to regroup.
MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Done with the grid but grinding on the meta. Seem to have pieces of the rabbit but they aren't assembling as I figured. Onward!
'tis... A lovely day for a Guinness!
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

MatthewB wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:36 pm Ashore but maintaining a safe social distance. Is this really a 4th week puzzle? Perhaps it's a gift to all the shut-ins.
WSJ Friday puzzles do not necessarily get harder over the course of the month, unlike MGWCCs.
Inca

Post by Inca »

Got it!
It's actually the kind of meta I enjoy the most. I had the right idea from the start but it took me a while to put it all together.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well, solved the grid and have some ideas but nothing solid. I thought I saw a bunny but I could not pin him down. Every time I got within 6 feet of him he sprayed me with sanitizer...

I am constantly amazed at the people who just look at these and go, "oh there it is" - obviously a lot more analytical than I am.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
yourpalsal

Post by yourpalsal »

Happy to get my toes in the sand on Thursday. This was the first time I printed out the pdf. The ample border on an 8.5x11 sheet makes a great workspace.
CallMeShane

Post by CallMeShane »

I have slept on this enough.

Call me on shore.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

MatthewB wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:36 pm Ashore but maintaining a safe social distance. Is this really a 4th week puzzle? Perhaps it's a gift to all the shut-ins.
WSJ doesn't get harder by the week. That's MGWCC's thing.

Also, I'm still stuck. I have bits and bobs but no answer yet.