"Leading Men" - October 4, 2019

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

bunella wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:01 pm Got a late start and needed a tush push but i'm onshore with pretzels and some Blue Moon beer.
About time - we have been out of pretzels for two days. You can not have beer without pretzels. :lol: :lol:

Did you notice that we have another bunny?
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

bunella wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:01 pm Got a late start and needed a tush push but i'm onshore with pretzels and some Blue Moon beer.
Blue Moon—Yum! With a slice of orange?
LLinNC

Post by LLinNC »

I'm on shore with my local favorite Foothills Brewing Jade IPA. Cheers!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:03 pm
We have six keeping Isaac company for now since most have an answer but want to be sure and we have 107 on the shore. Our record for the crowded shore is 132
It sure is crowded here - I think you missed me. I've been on shore for a while, drinking Stiegl Radler grapefruit. NO Malört!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Still with Isaac. I definitely see something, but, sadly as has been the case more often than not lately; I don't know what to do with it. Will continue to look at it periodically and hope the answer reveals itself.
Ksoav

Post by Ksoav »

CORRECTION TO YOUR STATS:
Tim Maness, Mt. Pleasant, MI - 2 Mugs Won
:)
[/quote]

Hey! I don't think there are too many Mid-Michiganders around here. I went to school in Mt. Pleasant and have now landed not too far away in Midland. Congrats on the double mugs, hopefully they'll send one my way one of these days!
Ksoav

Post by Ksoav »

On shore - was over on the old WSJ site for quite some time and have been trolling this forum - decided it was time to join back in the conversation!
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

billkatz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 pm But at least in Massachusetts each bit of land is in exactly one town/city. (I grew up in Pittsfield, the county seat of Berkshire County). And the city provided all of the services you need. When I was in high school the town of Mount Washington (the SW corner of Mass) was well known for being the smallest of Mass towns, with a population of 49. And they still had selectmen and an annual town meeting.
Mt. Washington also has a great fair, which I have attended for the past two years, even crossing state lines to get there. I picked up a very good immersion blender for $2 this year.
Jay
Guy

Post by Guy »

Ashore
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Stern Garden is looking shipshape and Isaac needs some exercise, so I’m handling him the shovel and shoving off to shore.
Come on guys, let’s get some more warm bodies onto Bob’s Excel shore party column so it might exceed its own personal best this time.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Ashore! Funny how the brain works... the solution came to me with eyes closed, just as I was drifting off to sleep last night Zzzzzz
One world. One planet. One future.
DBMiller

Post by DBMiller »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:03 pm

The crowd on the shore is:
You missed my Done and Done in forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196&start=60#p7551
If I'm around, I am willing to join the Muggle Zoom room at other times to lend a hand to those in need.
MJD_NY

Post by MJD_NY »

First time ashore.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

MJD_NY wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:00 am First time ashore.
Congratulations and welcome to the land of the muggles. If you have any questions feel free to ask. There is a lot of background and hints for solving these contests under Come Aboard

Good Luck winning the elusive mug
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Colin wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:25 am Ashore! Funny how the brain works... the solution came to me with eyes closed, just as I was drifting off to sleep last night Zzzzzz
It is scary but we see that all the time - getting the answer while we were asleep. Amazing to think that your brain is working while you are not.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
bunella

Post by bunella »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:11 pm
About time - we have been out of pretzels for two days. You can not have beer without pretzels. :lol: :lol:

Did you notice that we have another bunny?
We may have another bunny but i venture to say I was the original Bunny and probably am senior
in years also.
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

I have an iPad and since I did the last download of new version, I can’t get wsj or NYT to open in acrosslite. Anyone else have this problem and know how to get it to work?
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Good Sunday morning muggles. We welcome our newest muggle MJD_NY which brings our clan to 479

We have had a steady progression to the shore so we now have six on the ship and 115 on the shore

GlennG and SewYoung are keeping Isaac company

And making it to the shore since yesterday are
Bunny
Kay
Susan
LLinNC
Maine Marge
DBMiller
Joel
MJD
and Colin

Good luck to all winning the mug
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
dmorack

Post by dmorack »

Made it to shore. Wow! Crowded here so I'll head to palm trees over there.
-Doug Morack
Anomander

Post by Anomander »

Ashore with reservations. Just a coffee please, for now.