A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is titled " Three Little Words " by Mike Shenk
The answer to this week's contest is a three-word #1 song of the 2000's.
- Posts: 542
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm
Ashore with beverage in hand.
- Posts: 1527
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
Ahhh… toes in the sand, sun beating down on me, and a Guinness in hand. Does it get any better?
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Hi, Al and Les! Nice to see you guys here! Yes, ashore.
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:44 pm
- Location: New York, New York
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 am
On shore! And the rain has stopped!
- Posts: 1219
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:41 pm
- Location: St. Petersburg, FL
On the beach. Still raining here. The cabana boy is wondering if he should take up race-walking, which they’re doing at the Olympics right now. It reminds me of a scene from "When Harry Met Sally", which cabana boy loves!
Last edited by Meg
on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim and Anita
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm
- Location: State College, PA
Happily ashore. Beautiful day in Central Pennsylvania--no rain but we wish we could get some.
Last edited by Jim and Anita
on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 251
- Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:06 am
- Location: Charlotte, NC
Got it! Fun to be ashore so quickly today, but wouldn't want it that easy all the time! Beer me.
The other Wendy.
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:25 pm
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 pm
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2021 6:51 pm
- Location: Champaign, IL
Happily ashore. No need to say more.
Last edited by Darth
on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:44 am
Page one two weeks in a row?! I'm on a roll!
Last edited by TeaJenny
on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 620
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:13 am
On the (virtual) beach. I’ll take a Guinness as I head for the real beach.
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:10 am
- Location: Chicago
On the shore.
Last edited by KayW
on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 918
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 am
- Location: Pasadena, CA
- Posts: 903
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
Good luck, fellow Muggles! I'm happy to give nudges, but only if you're still stuck on Sunday. Just send me a PM and tell me what you've tried so far.
- Posts: 416
- Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 12:03 pm
- Location: Chicago
On the shore. Lower left was brutal.
- Posts: 1015
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm
- Location: Studio City, CA
- Posts: 284
- Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:39 am
- Location: Jamaica Plain, MA
I deny Evan screwed up. (8)