A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is titled "Please Find Enclosed" by Matt Gaffney
The answer to this week's contest is what's involved in solving this crossword.
And if you missed the Q&A with Matt Gaffney, it was a lot of fun. The link to the recording of the Zoom call is on the topic in Come Aboard/FAQ - Community
202100702 WSJCC — Please Find Enclosed — Excel form
- Posts: 542
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm
Ashore! Great puzzle, Matt!
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 am
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:10 am
- Location: Chicago
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 pm
- Posts: 347
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 pm
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Sat May 15, 2021 6:51 pm
- Location: Champaign, IL
I'm quick to get on shore! (...and that means, it's an easy one!)
Last edited by Darth
on Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:47 am
Woot! Woot! Page 1 too! Was top of P2 last week...movin' on up!
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 am
- Location: Connecticut
So quickly ashore, I'm not even sure I was 19A.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 am
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
Happy to be back on Page 1! Will celebrate my shore leave and today's rain with some Hendricks.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!
- Posts: 411
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:44 pm
- Location: Beaver, PA
On the beach! 🏖
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm
Ashore! (Kinda rode in with the tide on this one …
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:37 pm
I don't totally get it, but I'm on shore!
- Posts: 397
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
- Location: Windsor, Colorado
Count me ashore!
Happy and safe 4th of July to all my (U.S.) Muggle friends!
Last edited by joequavis
on Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaddog on MGWCC leaderboard
Matt in real life
By jove, quasi-confused I am! (9)
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:57 am
- Location: Atlanta, GA
Ashore!!! After last week's face plant, I'll take an easier one. Beer me!
Last edited by MatthewL
on Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm
Great fun on the Q&A. Matt referenced the making of this puzzle so we knew it was designed to be on the easier side. Glad it turned out that way. Happy 4th all!
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:12 pm
on shore, some struggle, but finally the light went off