"Connect The Dots" - June 11, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Hanging in the stern garden again today. Grid finished, but no time for the meta, with all this gardening going on. That nice Cruise Director has requested funds for cabanas back there, so shipboard life is good.
Hope to get at the meta tonight. That will be when it gets too dark to tend to and admire the likes of peonies like this gal
AB0F2B43-FE9C-4A14-AB0B-1E4F0DACAD03.jpeg
The coral colored peonies available today are stunning. Like Coral n’ Gold here- the first of the corals to bloom.
This week the Japanese Tree Lilac behind her will burst into full bloom.

6/12/21 photo
CopperRiver

Post by CopperRiver »

On the beach FINALLY. That was an amazing puzzle that for my brain is definitely NOT a 1-star situation. I may just need more coffee. :lol:
iblinked

Post by iblinked »

On shore
Michelle B

Post by Michelle B »

Enjoying Happy Hour with Isaac. I've got...something, but not quite there yet.
DebbieC

Post by DebbieC »

How do I ask for a nudge? Long time solver and reader of the forum. Never needed a nudge before so not familiar with the procedure. Thanks in advance to all. Happy solving! Deb
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

DebbieC wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:22 pm How do I ask for a nudge? Long time solver and reader of the forum. Never needed a nudge before so not familiar with the procedure. Thanks in advance to all. Happy solving! Deb
PM someone who has solved, tell them what you have so far, and hope for the best!
Heidi
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Finally on the beach with much humble gratitude to @hcbirker and @boharr who practically had to build a rowboat out of palm trees and driftwood to come and get me!
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

Doc wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 am
Joe Ross wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:07 am
shalmanezer wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 pm Ashore. And I'll buy a round for anyone who swims ashore this week without a printed copy.
Thank you! 😋🍻

I've got next round. 🙂
Me too...this could get expensive!
Add me to the list, as I did NOT use a printed copy. I think I'm in the mood for a Negroni, thank you.

(Phew! No clause indicating graphic tablets like an iPad are a disqualifying method, thank goodness!)
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

On shore. Nice to be back at the Puzzletiki bar after a bit of a dry spell ... Negroni, please, hold the vermouth. Bit of a strange puzzle, don't you think?Have we seen one like this before? Cheers, all!
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

MaineMarge wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:16 pm Hanging in the stern garden again today. Grid finished, but no time for the meta, with all this gardening going on. That nice Cruise Director has requested funds for cabanas back there, so shipboard life is good.
Hope to get at the meta tonight. That will be when it gets too dark to tend to and admire the likes of peonies like this gal

AB0F2B43-FE9C-4A14-AB0B-1E4F0DACAD03.jpeg
The coral colored peonies available today are stunning. Like Coral n’ Gold here- the first of the corals to bloom.
This week the Japanese Tree Lilac behind her will burst into full bloom.

6/12/21 photo
@MaineMarge you do know that peonies in bloom bring rain don't you? Every time our peonies are in full bloom the rain comes and that is the end of the blooms.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Joedbee

Post by Joedbee »

Onshore!
TheCatt

Post by TheCatt »

Very nice construction, we caught it on the first rabbit hole.

On shore!
Crest

Post by Crest »

Safely ashore.
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

I am still swimming, having seen 2 things, but apparently not enough. (Pittsburgh was good. 2 rain delays and the third game was 7.5 innings, but Dodgers won all 3. We enjoyed the Aviary....thanks for all the recommendations. I'm saving the other suggestions for next year's trip.)
Cynthia
Nsmoretz@gmail.com

Post by Nsmoretz@gmail.com »

I did need my nephew and his brilliant wife to keep me focused. They figured it out pretty quickly. Took me a little longer.
Richard

Post by Richard »

On Shore !!!

With some help.

Granddaughter's HS graduation and family events took up quite a bit of meta solving time.

Not my favorite meta but I gotta give kudos for the construction.
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Ashore.
Last night after dark I sat down with the meta and saw the light.
Nice one, Mike!
These weekly metas are all such fun gifts, aren’t they? Can’t wait to carefully untie the knots and see what’s in the box this time. 🙋‍♀️
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Ashore, thanks to Meta Daughter's instructions to KEEP LOOKING AT IT. I blame 4 days of travel for my slow start and even slower finish.
Cynthia
femullen

Post by femullen »

My daughter lives in Montreal. I live in Virginia. Border's closed, so I haven't seen her in 16 months. To stay in touch, we've been taking art courses via zoom each week. Recently I described these puzzles to her, and she seemed interested in trying these too. She got stumped last week just as I did. She hadn't done this week's yesterday around noon when we spoke on the phone, so I described it to her, told her what I'd found, and detailed a massive rabbit hole I'd dug. She said, "Did you try _______?"

Ashore, shoved there by my darlin' daughter.
For nudges, feel free to PM me. I won't have a clue how to help you, but you might shove me ashore.
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Finished a 3-day golf outing yesterday afternoon and finally sat down to WSJ and MGWCC this a.m. First steps in both came easily - - will focus again after church, but OTB (on the boat, not off-track betting) for now . . .