Bonus puzzle: Lexicon Devil Crosshare Crossover Mini-Meta #1

Puzzles posted every other Thursday, with a fun WSJ-level meta once a month. Win a sticker!
http://www.lexicondevil.live/
ricky

Bonus puzzle: Lexicon Devil Crosshare Crossover Mini-Meta #1

Post by ricky »

Little bonus meta I created to test the Crosshare meta answer submission functionality. It should be relatively easy for muggles but not a total gimme. Let me know what you think.

https://crosshare.org/crosswords/xTSYaldKW2QNRYcJfVjq
Check out the meta challenge at Lexicon Devil

Latest puzzle: "This Place Looks Familiar," March 7, 2024

Deadline: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12 PM EST
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Answer sent. Fun little puzzle, not a gimme.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

I submitted, and it said my answer was right, but I didn't see either my comment or my name on the leaderboard when I checked later so I probably did something wrong. Anyway, that was a really fun puzzle!
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Laura—I didn’t realize that I had to submit via Google. I had just sent Ricky a message and hadn’t heard back. That said, with your guidance, I submitted and see I am also correct.
ricky

Post by ricky »

I'm not sure exactly where the leaderboard appears. I can see the users who got it right on one page, so I'll log in and check.

Edit: it only shows FrankieHeck, oldjudge, and boharr. You can DM me your answer here or try to resubmit.

One drawback compared to Google Forms is that it doesn't look like I can view people's wrong answers, which are potentially useful for me in terms of knowing if I included any red herrings by mistake.
Last edited by ricky on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ricky

Post by ricky »

BTW, while we're not keeping score on this one, FrankieHeck crushed everyone else, submitting the first correct answer almost immediately.

Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Oops, I meant to go back and try submitting again before the deadline, but I missed it. Leaving a comment seemed to work the second time though. I still logged in on the same account this time, but I was on a different computer/OS/browser version so I guess the first one was incompatible for some reason? Good to know for if/when I do more puzzles on this site.

I got help with this one from my music-major daughter, who usually doesn't want anything to do with metas, but was intrigued by the prompt (and the mini size) for this one, so that was extra fun!
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

FrankieHeck is not a real person. That is the new IBM super computer.
miked

Post by miked »

ricky wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:44 am One drawback compared to Google Forms is that it doesn't look like I can view people's wrong answers, which are potentially useful for me in terms of knowing if I included any red herrings by mistake.
Sorry I'm just seeing this @ricky - if you go to the puzzle page and click "More" > "Stats" you'll be able to see every submission. If one is marked wrong but is actually a typo or should be considered correct you can fix it with one click. You can also see the % correct and some other stats.

Please LMK if you have any additional feedback or ideas for Crosshare metas!
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Is the solution posted somewhere?
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!