MEOW #21: Crosswordese

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

I did the fill this morning but got nowhere with the meta. After getting some work done I lay down on the sofa with my cat Tina, the puzzle, and a pen and within minutes got the answer. So clever and inventive! Thank you, Josh!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Out of the bag! Pretty funny.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

At least it's out of the bag...

(Apologies @whimsy ...)
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

Who let the cat out?
Who, who, who, who, who?

This one was new to me too. It reminded me of a Woody Allen piece, which I dare not quote from publicly until I hear ""Olly olly oxen free," even though I doubt that it would be a spoiler.
Jay
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Got the cat released with a bit of friendly encouragement to keep working.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Cat is walking funny and shaking a bit and has been doing it all night stopping just at sunrise --- yes that is correct that cat was rocking and reeling to the break of dawn - Thank you Mr. Berry (Chuck, not Patrick). At any rate I believe kitty is out of the box.

Fun and educational puzzle. I had heard about "that thing" a while back but did not remember it (not that it would have made any difference). I just wish I had not spent all that time Googling Hhmanuw or Hmyrtlliwuosc, the results I got were, well incomprehensible.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

Cat is out of the bag! @Wendy Walker with the helpful nudge!
Cindy N

Post by Cindy N »

I thinks I has solved.

oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

LOL, not if there are more puzzles like this.
Abide

Post by Abide »

Yes, very crazy, but in a good way!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
โ€”Brian MacDonald
FKelly

Post by FKelly »

The kitten found its way out out of the grocery bag.
"NYU is where I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

At first glance, I thought there was no way i would solve this. But the cat is out of the bag. Fun and educational!!
Cindy Heisler
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

DrTom wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm I just wish I had not spent all that time Googling Hhmanuw or Hmyrtlliwuosc
They sounded like HP Lovecraft monsters!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Wow! Wow! Wow! This meta is the catโ€™s meow Josh. Thank you!
Awaiting confirmation, but I freed that kitty for sure.
16CFE544-EA98-44A6-8014-9C2E4A39F3F5.jpeg
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Well, I never learn. After seeing what undoubtedly wasn't a coincidence, I treated it as such. After consulting with my meta therapist Joe Ross, I circled back around and was able to free the kitty. Interesting, clever, and informative!
Attachments
confused cat.jpg
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Submitted, pending confirmation, but this one's a 100% click.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

DrTom wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm Cat is walking funny and shaking a bit and has been doing it all night stopping just at sunrise --- yes that is correct that cat was rocking and reeling to the break of dawn - Thank you Mr. Berry (Chuck, not Patrick). At any rate I believe kitty is out of the box.

Fun and educational puzzle. I had heard about "that thing" a while back but did not remember it (not that it would have made any difference). I just wish I had not spent all that time Googling Hhmanuw or Hmyrtlliwuosc, the results I got were, well incomprehensible.
Fun fact, try Googling "hiybbprqag".
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Dplass wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:42 am
DrTom wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm Cat is walking funny and shaking a bit and has been doing it all night stopping just at sunrise --- yes that is correct that cat was rocking and reeling to the break of dawn - Thank you Mr. Berry (Chuck, not Patrick). At any rate I believe kitty is out of the box.

Well I'll be mbzrxpgjys!! Interesting, and just the kind of thing I expect to show up in a future META
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
boharr

Post by boharr »

Dplass wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:42 am

Bingo
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

FKelly wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 pm The kitten found its way out out of the grocery bag.
"NYU is where I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."
LOL!

But isn't this METAPHYSICS:
METAPHYSICS.jpg