MEOW #13: Pyramid

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
Dannyvee

Post by Dannyvee »

I like that, wish I’d have solved it.
I can be found in Sheridan, NY, veejaying. (8)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Josh,

I thought of any number of ways to arrange the letters, tried putting the ANSWERS into the pyramid but couldn't because there were not enough different lengths. I tried putting the letters of the answers into the BLACK boxes, but again number were not right. I never thought of putting the clues. But WOW that GRID, you are the master of making a difficult grid, as I well know. Hats off and I won't say Tut Tut!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Great puzzle, although I didn't solve it. It never occurred to me to put the clues into the pyramid. I tried all different ways to get the answers in, obviously to no avail!!
Cindy Heisler
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

^^^ this. Nice mechanism.