MEOW #42: That's One L of a Puzzle

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

I did not solve it with the spoilers from madhatter5, nor with a direct nudge from him, nor with the other nested, sequestered, redacted spoilers. Maybe my handwriting is too messy but I had a hard time seeing the answer in my grid WITH the reveal in hand. I think I struggled with not seeing things that started in the middle of entries. One nudge was to find the same letters in an L shape. But that left F, N, E, S, N and E.

FF
F for example. I even misunderstood the hints!!

My wild guess before solving was LIKE IT. That came closer than my solving efforts.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

lbray53 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:48 pm I did not solve it with the spoilers from madhatter5, nor with a direct nudge from him, nor with the other nested, sequestered, redacted spoilers. Maybe my handwriting is too messy but I had a hard time seeing the answer in my grid WITH the reveal in hand. I think I struggled with not seeing things that started in the middle of entries. One nudge was to find the same letters in an L shape. But that left F, N, E, S, N and E.

FF
F for example. I even misunderstood the hints!!

My wild guess before solving was LIKE IT. That came closer than my solving efforts.
Same same. I saw all the little Ls but not the big ones.