MEOW #40: Scaredy-Cat

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
KayW

Post by KayW »

Got it with the nudges. Wowza.
scaredy_cat_in_space.jpg
The scaredy-cat is WAY out of the bag. Thanks for another innovative puzzle!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Darth

Post by Darth »

Out of the bag...and under the couch! "Mew"
Attachments
scared cat.jpg
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

I definitely needed the second and third nudges, but the cat is finally out of the bag! I wish I could say the same for my daughter's cat, Jasper. He was up to his nightly tricks on Friday, jumping on the counter and finding the "hidden" plastic bag holding some pretty tasty snickerdoodles. Jasper had no problem knocking that bag to the floor, tearing it open and devouring several cookies. So you see, he was most certainly in the bag. Bad kitty, Jasper, bad kitty! (But, oh how you make me laugh!)
Sara
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

Solution:

The starred entries can all be strung together to form the word HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA

... which is a misspelling of HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPEDALIOPHOBIA

... which is a fear of long words ;)
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer