"Autotune" - May 15, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

What a fun puzzle! All credit goes to Tina the Cat (I know, wrong meta creature completely for Pandora's Blocks). She woke me up at dawn, and while thinking about the puzzle in my drowsy state, I realized something I hadn't seen while working on the puzzle last night. Extra breakfast rations for this good cat!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

I would repeat here the comment I submitted to Josh but it's a MEOW spoiler, so T-Rex will have to do. (MEOW solvers of a DrTom-ish bent can guess at the gist of it.)

This one was a bit of work but worth it. I stalled for a couple of minutes at the final step and even consulted Mr. G, then immediately felt foolish for not thinking of it myself.
Jay
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Really enjoyed this one too! It used some different brain muscles than usual.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Just started this one this morning (that grid was hard!). I think i see everything I’m supposed to see except what to do with the numbers (!). Will keep noodling on it but might need some help eventually.
The other Wendy. :roll:
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I think we should have given this a lot more attention and praise at the Zoom meeting last night than we did. This was a lot of fiun...
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Box left, mind blown, puzzle superb. I would still be bashing my head against the GRID had it not been for a very kind nudge/push from a fellow muggle. Al is correct this was an entertaining puzzle and the AHA, well it is simply delightful.

EDIT: Confirmed, I have autotuned to a different station :D
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Abide

Post by Abide »

Finally, with a couple of nudges from AnswerPhinder. Nice one Will!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald