"It's Pretty Black and White" - April 18, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
mpmanning

Post by mpmanning »

Dino Me (as explained in the prior post)! Number 61 on the PBWMC Leaderboard. Still conferring with the grandkids on our approach to Easter Eggs.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Dino me! I forgot about the "Easter egg" until I came here, but I still don't see it...
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

That's amore. Ooops, wrong Dino.
Since I was not among those who sussed out the answer with only half the grid filled, since in fact I had to do a bit of Googling to get to the "Aha" moment (more like an "Oh, yeah, I remember hearing about that one" moment), I'm not even going to try hunting for the egg.
Jay
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: ...kind of, pending confirmation. Little Miss submit-first-think-later submitted her first not-so-bright idea. As soon as I hit send, the "more better" answer occurred to me. When will I learn to enforce my mandatory waiting period before submitting? :roll: :lol:

No matter, Will is much more forgiving about those things than Pete/Matt/WSJ.

EDIT: Second entry confirmed, as was Will's very forgiving nature regarding doofus first guesses.
Last edited by KayW on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Dino Me... Glad to see the explanation for that, since I missed it when it was suggested. Don't always get to the Pandora Puzzle and when I do get to it, I rarely actually solve it. Glad to be here tonight.
dudeski

Post by dudeski »

Dino me.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well I know I got the Meta (and if I had not I had better hang up my meta hat) and the Easter Egg - we will see. This was a lot easier than last week when I ended up chasing my colorful tail. I was focusing on DEEP PURPLE, "Who do we think we are" because Purple is the "other" color of the rainbow that people fight about. Will put me straight about my incorrect answer and chastened me to look to the colors. I tired the track position of the songs to help me pick out a letter from the entries, and that worked for about 5 of the 7 entries but really gave me garbage. Finally it hit me, 7 colors, 7 songs, but song "colors" not sequential in the spectrum colors...could it be. Yep.

Thankfully this weeks was either all of them or none of them - made it less colorful but no less fun. But now I have nothing to worry about until tomorrows MMM.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Dino me
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Late to the game, with apologies. Links will be available for Pandora's Blocks' metas going forward.

20210418 PB by Will P — It's Pretty Black and White — Excel form

20210418 PB by Will P — It's Pretty Black and White — PDF from PUZ
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

It's Pretty
and it's Black & White

and last week's ... when I saw the various artists and songs in the clues/grid, I almost didn't try. Then I googled one or two of the albums and went ... hmmm ... and googled the rest and immediately went to Pink Floyd's second best album of all time (The Wall being the best), one of my faves, so I didn't even need the ECLIPSE reference in there ...
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

DINO ME early yesterday. I did not post yet because I was trying to find the Easter egg. The only thing close that I have found relates to another sub forum. And does not really match there either.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!