"The Lovers, The Dreamers, and Me" - April 11, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
hashbrown

"The Lovers, The Dreamers, and Me" - April 11, 2021

Post by hashbrown »

This week's puzzle: The Lovers, The Dreamers, and Me (by David Gold)
Complexity Scale™ rating of 9 / 10.

The answer to this week's meta is a 6-word studio album.
(You're definitely going to need some help from Google on this one).

Crosshare link: https://crosshare.org/crosswords/xjmwpNE6pLTYiOIglVLO

Will's comment:
Well folks, I teased this one quite a bit because I'm really excited about it! David has created quite a challenge - but one that I think is superbly fun and will be very rewarding for those of you that crack it. Don't be shy if you need a hint!

AND, of course, this is another guest-constructed puzzle! Woohoo! If you like this one and want more, David's other puzzles can be found at his website, https://avidpuzzler.blogspot.com/, and you can also keep up with him on Twitter @d_avidgold
-HB
Meg

Post by Meg »

Still working. Jumped the gun a bit. I believe I have step 1
Edit: with a lovely nudge from Will, I have found the 🦕 on the 🚞.
Nice construction and a good challenge.
Last edited by Meg on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Think I have it - solution sent to Will and awaiting confirmation.
Edit: Confirmed
Abide

Post by Abide »

No ideas on the meta yet, but I am pretty proud of getting the correct grid with no Google. Had to make several logical guesses but confirmed the entries were right. Felt like a Saturday NYT. Not familiar with any of the songs, but they are gettable.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Fairly confident of my answer. Awaiting word from Will.

EDIT: Oops! Per Will, that ain't it. Thought it was too easy. Back at it!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:20 am Fairly confident of my answer. Awaiting word from Will.

EDIT: Oops! Per Will, that ain't it. Thought it was too easy. Back at it!
That's where I am/was too...
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Now I am curious to hear how/where you (two) were lead astray.
Guess that is a tale later, past the deadline (if not in PMs), to avoid spoilers.
C=64

Post by C=64 »

Post-grid, mid-meta status: After not getting it the last two weeks, I am enjoying this one! I did the grid in Crosshare on my phone and took a screenshot and drew messy stuff on it, but I think it's time to transfer my work to paper so I can see everything better. *cracks knuckles*
hashbrown

Post by hashbrown »

Got a definite Step 1, now time to go hunting for rabbits!
-HB
Abide

Post by Abide »

I submitted what I thought was the "geezer answer" but it turned out to be correct! This is a very well-constructed meta. More 5/10 than a soul-crushing 9/10. Great job David (and Will)!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
dudeski

Post by dudeski »

Submitted. Tough grid. Cool meta.

Confirmed
Last edited by dudeski on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Ok - I have what I think is 85% of the meta solution....hoping to make that last leap soon!
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
Hector

Post by Hector »

I did make a last leap and submitted, but especially with Chris and Al's experiences, I'm not enumerating unhatched poultry.

Edit: confirmed, whew. Thanks Dave and Will for a fun meta that was also for me something of a welcome education.
Last edited by Hector on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Answer submitted.
EDIT: Will has confirmed that the box is open and the Dino is free.
I actually managed to solve this with fewer nudges than there were steps to the puzzle.
Last edited by boharr on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Abide wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:47 pm I submitted what I thought was the "geezer answer" but it turned out to be correct! This is a very well-constructed meta. More 5/10 than a soul-crushing 9/10. Great job David (and Will)!
The 9/10 really scared me away... Not sure if I qualify as a geezer so I think I'm just going to skip it.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Dplass wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:28 pm The 9/10 really scared me away... Not sure if I qualify as a geezer so I think I'm just going to skip it.
Your call, but I believe that is a reflection that some googling is likely required as was done in the write-up.
(Which is why I liked Abide's comment - I think this puzzle plays easier than people fear from the rating.)
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

RPardoe wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:49 pm
Dplass wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:28 pm The 9/10 really scared me away... Not sure if I qualify as a geezer so I think I'm just going to skip it.
Your call, but I believe that is a reflection that some googling is likely required as was done in the write-up.
(Which is why I liked Abide's comment - I think this puzzle plays easier than people fear from the rating.)
...but not quite as easy as my initial submission.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Dino me. Really a fun puzzle! I found the right method early (thanks Foggy) but tripped over my own feet.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

I was daunted by the 9/10 rating and by my total unfamiliarity with most of the proper nouns -- performers, song titles -- which I figured would mean something to others. But having read the comments here, I'll give it a try and throw in the towel later.
Jay
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Abide wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 am No ideas on the meta yet, but I am pretty proud of getting the correct grid with no Google. Had to make several logical guesses but confirmed the entries were right......... Not familiar with any of the songs, but they are gettable.
I was fairly proud of myself for getting the grid with some Google! (I knew there was a reason I don't do the MMMM! :P )