"Hat Trick" - January 31, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Out of the box after my first answer was incorrect, but only by one thing (lack of knowledge in a certain area).
Heidi
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

The penultimate bifurcation of syzygy.

Yes, that means ... nothing.

but this meta, given where I live, was very easy.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
ReB

Post by ReB »

Dino me too (whatever that means). Nice to have an easy meta after I got caught flat-footed last week.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

TPS wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:02 pm I submitted a guess - its probably wrong but it was the only thing I saw while solving. I found this grid tougher than typical for a PB puzzle.

Edit: I was wrong but Will gave me the nudge I needed. I am embarrassed to have missed this one.
Your first entry was probably the same as mine. I don't follow sports at all and submitted the first thing I came across. Will responded with a nudge, and I quickly found the right answer.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

On the dino train, but I think I'm clinging to the roof or something since my first answer was wrong. (I see that I'm not alone up here!) I tried to jam the puzzle pieces into the layout I thought must be right, instead of figuring out what the layout should actually be for those pieces...
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

I am also dinoed...I started typing the popularly wrong answer in my reply to Will, then in mid-sentence realized there were 2 focusing elements in the puzzle that didn't mesh with it, and changed to the right one after about 5 seconds of thought to make sure I had the correct specific answer.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Pretty sure I'm aboard --
Capturedinotrain.JPG
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

DINO ME! Refreshing puzzle after being dominated by Matt this week.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Yea Out of the Box (like the bag only squarer!) This was a walk in the park compared to a walk in the woods!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!