"Complexity Scale"

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
AnswerPfinder

"Complexity Scale"

Post by AnswerPfinder »

Hi friends!!

Just wanted to apologize for the delay this morning! This week's puzzle is titled "Complexity Scale". Good luck!

Your friendly conductor constructor,
Will
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Meg

Post by Meg »

With a hint from Will, I got to the answer. 🦕🚂
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Solved, with a little education. 🦕
boharr

Post by boharr »

I was nudged -- and researched -- right out of the box.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved with a little education as well. Will’s powers of observation are brilliant!
Hector

Post by Hector »

I am pretty sure I see the pattern, but can't find an appropriate car company to complete it.
C=64

Post by C=64 »

Found a bunch of unrelated stuff but had to cave and ask for a nudge as well. Mrs. C=64 is returning from a weeklong trip and I need to get back to cleaning the house.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Dino me!

Intriguing puzzle -- though I needed a couple of firm nudges from another solver.
C=64

Post by C=64 »

DNF. I got two hints from Will but it's just not happening.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I’ve submitted. Not confirmed yet, but if I’m wrong it’s the most amazing coincidence I’ve ever seen.

Edit: confirmed by Hector. I’m out of the box.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

DINO ME but maybe I should say DINO US since I needed so much help. I found a second answer that I like during the process.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

I'm sorry to say that gave up on this one. I know (probably, 99%) what the mechanism is, but I never found an answer that I was satisfied with. Still, the first part was pretty nice!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Laura M wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:11 pm I'm sorry to say that gave up on this one. I know (probably, 99%) what the mechanism is, but I never found an answer that I was satisfied with. Still, the first part was pretty nice!
If you know what you're looking for, google will give it to you.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

BarbaraK wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 pm
Laura M wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:11 pm I'm sorry to say that gave up on this one. I know (probably, 99%) what the mechanism is, but I never found an answer that I was satisfied with. Still, the first part was pretty nice!
Hmm. In that case, I guess I don't know what I'm looking for after all; I did find a couple of possibilities but nothing that felt right.

(But also, quite often I'm just not able to effectively communicate to Google what I mean!)
Hector

Post by Hector »

I was in Laura's position and sent what I was confident about to Will. Suffice it to say I was very glad that I did not stick with it.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Laura M wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:01 pm
Hmm. In that case, I guess I don't know what I'm looking for after all; I did find a couple of possibilities but nothing that felt right.

(But also, quite often I'm just not able to effectively communicate to Google what I mean!)
PM me if you want to discuss it.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Google often does not offer the same hits to all people googling for the same thing.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

boharr wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 pm Google often does not offer the same hits to all people googling for the same thing.
Good point. I'd think that if you're very specific about what you're searching for, google would give you this one. But I should know better than to ever try to predict what google will do.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Would never have gotten this one in a million years. Did not even know where to begin in the google search. Even if I had thought to look at the logos, I have never skied, so didn't know those symbols were connected in any way.
Meg

Post by Meg »

SewYoung wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:10 am Would never have gotten this one in a million years. Did not even know where to begin in the google search. Even if I had thought to look at the logos, I have never skied, so didn't know those symbols were connected in any way.
I only got this one because Will gave me a hint that mentioned skiing. I even had the logo shapes and colors, but had no idea where to go with it. In the 2 attempts at skiing that I’ve made in my life, trail difficulty was not an issue. I think the focus was on learning how to stop before hitting a tree. Anyway, Will mentioned in his email that he should have mentioned skiing in the puzzle somewhere.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.