"Go Between" - October 17, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Dino me - confirmed! I love Will’s puzzles!!
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Another fine puzzle! Thanks Will!
Heidi
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Submitted successfully. Good puzzle!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Dino me!

Fun!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: Nice one!!!

now back to :shock: :shock: :shock: at MGWCC
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Bird Lives wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:08 am I like the mechanism. I like the instant feedback at Crosshare. I like everything except the back formation that is the answer, a word I will never use. It's perfectly logical, but I still wince when I hear it.
That's odd... TROUSERS isn't a six letter word.... *shrug*

Dinoed!
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Got it, confirmed on Crosshare. But only because of a hint from Cinny, which made me realize I had an error in the grid. Still had to hunt a while.
Cynthia
rjy

Post by rjy »

Got it, and confirmed. Nice "Aha!" with a solid click that the journey led to the correct answer.

And like @KayW above, back to MGWCC...
Ray
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Nice and solid click. This was a confidence builder because I have been hit or miss recently. Nice mechanism that my subconcious groked to before my conscious did. Just as I dropped off to sleep I got a "hey, wait a minute", though it took me all morning to get back to it.

Thanks Will for yet another great puzzle (they are greater of course when I can solve them, but always great :D )

OK, fitting cartoon for a Sunday puzzle:
Bow heads to pray.jpg
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Dplass wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:31 pm What's the opposite of dino me? Cuz that's what I am, lost at sea.
Hmmm, maybe "in the tar pits" or shortened to La Brea"ed"?
Hyp_tarpit.jpg
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Update: dinoed, only after many shoves, so I shan't be applying for the prize.

Thanks for the puzzle, Will.
burak

Post by burak »

I've been struggling with MGWCC all year and WSJCC lately, so these meta puzzles have really helped me maintain my cruciverbal health. I've been solving them for a few weeks and there wasn't one that I didn't like yet. All were clean and clicked strongly.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Oh! This week's PBWMC email fell into my spam folder along with 15 other things that weren't spam.
Dinoed. I think this one is about a 2 of 5 in difficulty. If you see step 1, the path to the solution is straightforward, with a click, but as usual, seeing step 1 may take some creative thinking.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I found Pandora in my spam filter too. Yahoo, fwiw. But I did remember that it was due Sunday morning so went looking for it.

As for the meta, when I figured out what was going on, I started solving it the hard way, but after a bit got the final click.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Dino me out of the box, please!
Capturedinosout.PNG
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

DINO ME! I forgot this puzzle until today. Very fun meta.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
auee89

Post by auee89 »

Dino’ed on Monday. Thanks Will!
Kevin