"One Too Many" - September 19, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
KayW

Post by KayW »

:sauropod: Submitted. Thanks, Will and Emma!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

I rushed in with the wrong answer so unthinkingly that when Crosshare told me it was wrong, I figured I'd made a typo. The right answer was much better. Cool puzzle.
Jay
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

This is not the first time I have thought while solving one of Emma's puzzles that she and are really operating from the same frame of reference. Fun one, and judging from the prior comments I'm glad I took a timeout before submitting!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Submitted and confirmed on Crosshare, but it took me a few tries...
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

This fool rushed in also.. and was pretty annoyed that my OBVIOUSLY CORRECT answer was being rejected. (What the….??). Then I figured it out and gratefully re-submitted successfully.

Enjoyable challenge.
The other Wendy. :roll:
auee89

Post by auee89 »

I will be curious to hear about folk's rejected answers. I only saw one, but that doesn't surprise me. I tend to stubbornly focus on one path or another, much to my detriment.
Kevin
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

**RIMSHOT**

Had to laugh at my incorrect submission and quick fix. I'm sure it's the same as everyone else's....

Excellent puzzle, and I'm now saying "dinosaur" to myself in the voice of George from Peppa Pig....
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Thanks, Emma! That was nifty!
Capturepopupsim.JPG
KayW

Post by KayW »

Bird Lives wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:17 pm I rushed in with the wrong answer so unthinkingly that when Crosshare told me it was wrong, I figured I'd made a typo. The right answer was much better. Cool puzzle.
Doh!!! Me too. Except I was so OBTUSE I failed to read Will's note this week about submitting via Crosshare and sent it in via email. So it took me longer to realize I missed the boat. And I agree - this answer much "more better". Now it's a REALLY great puzzle.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Abide

Post by Abide »

I started with the first "answer" and thought "WTH, she's better than that." So I didn't submit that.

Got a nice AHA a few minutes later, and submitted correctly.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Good thing Crosshare allows multiple guesses....embarrassed at how long it took me to catch on to what needed to be done. Good thing for nudges from other muggles. It was a great puzzle, Emma.
Cynthia
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Catching up from vacation. I have five grids filled with no idea on metas. Did this one to try to get some confidence back. Thanks Will! I almost forgot to carry the theme through to the final submission but figured it out in the nick of time. Hopefully I am getting my groove back.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!