"Triple Double" - September 5, 2021

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

I know nothing about this sport either, but got it.

nice start to the season, make mine a triple, double.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Finally got it with a nudge from Will after attempting to dig dino holes in the wrong place --
Capturedinohole.PNG
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Got to this late, but very nice! I know absolutely nothing about this or any sport, but finally Googled the right thing :-)
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

DINO ME! But I did have to sleep on it.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

The teacher marked my answer as incorrect, so what I had thought was an Easter egg was actually a red herring. But I showed my work, and I have a very strong argument for my so-called wrong answer. The player of the officially approved answer (which I did finally get) may be better on the court, but as a meta answer, I'm sticking with my guy.
Jay
KayW

Post by KayW »

Bird Lives wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm The teacher marked my answer as incorrect, so what I had thought was an Easter egg was actually a red herring. But I showed my work, and I have a very strong argument for my so-called wrong answer. The player of the officially approved answer (which I did finally get) may be better on the court, but as a meta answer, I'm sticking with my guy.
@Bird Lives apparently you and I are in the same boat. Except I don't really have a super-strong argument for my umm.... "creative" answer, though I did show my work. My answer was sorta kinda logical to me and found via interwebs search by someone almost completely ignorant of the NBA.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Bird Lives wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm The teacher marked my answer as incorrect, so what I had thought was an Easter egg was actually a red herring. But I showed my work, and I have a very strong argument for my so-called wrong answer. The player of the officially approved answer (which I did finally get) may be better on the court, but as a meta answer, I'm sticking with my guy.
Capturetammy.PNG
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

whimsy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:46 pm
Bird Lives wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm I'm sticking with my guy.[/color]
Capturetammy.PNG
Also Mary Wells.
Jay
hoover

Post by hoover »

Nice one! I need to sign up for the mailing list so I can submit, though. :oops: