Shrink Wrap

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
ImOnToo

Post by ImOnToo »

I do believe I am "Off Zee Couch".
Not sure how I feel about that.
Think I'll light up a cigar, call my mom and blame her for my indecisiveness. And everything else! :lol:
Konnie
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Dplass wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm Mental health is as important as physical health, especially nowadays.
Absolutely right and well said! I remember getting furious when I saw a sign outside a church that said, "Jesus is my Prozac." Karen Alert: I actually called the minister and shared with her my concern about the message that was sending.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Was there a Wednesday nudge? I need help.
Cynthia
ImOnToo

Post by ImOnToo »

Dplass wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:07 pm Seriously, if you (or a loved one) are experiencing depression or anxiety, please try to get help from a psychologist or psychiatrist or therapist. They definitely help. Mental health is as important as physical health, especially nowadays.
I found myself in need of help at one time. (Sick parent. Overwhelmed parent spouse. Trying to care for them both. Demanding job. You know..Life) I feel fortunate that, as the Chair of the MHMR Foundation (My Health My Resources of Tarrant County, Texas), I recognized the "dark" that I was in and knew that finding help was IMPORTANT. Not only for me, but also for my family.

It can be hard to admit that life is overwhelming you. But, there is absolutely NO shame in seeking help!

I feel like that message is slowly "getting out there" and is more accepted than in years past.
Konnie
DebbieC

Post by DebbieC »

Wednesday nudge? It's almost Thursday.
BethA

Post by BethA »

Sorry, I’m new at MUGgle Meta Monday...

[Edit - I removed the previous content in case it was too spoiler-ish]
Last edited by BethA on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I’m off the couch - unconfirmed but confident.

Very nice puzzle!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

I'll ask everyone to be patient with Josh, this week's creator. He stepped in at the last second to offer a banked puzzle, mentioning he'll be having a crazy week: "Sorry to say I won't be able to manage a leaderboard since this week is a bit crazy for me."

This is my speculation, but Josh might have planned for this busy week & had whimsy debut her first meta in his usual spot, MEOW #20. (Great debut, whimsy!) Let's let the week play out another day, or two, please.
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Off the couch (awaiting confirmation, but sure). Loved the puzzle, clueing, and mechanism!
The other Wendy. :roll:
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

Joe Ross wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:25 pm I'll ask everyone to be patient with Josh, this week's creator. He stepped in at the last second to offer a banked puzzle, mentioning he'll be having a crazy week: "Sorry to say I won't be able to manage a leaderboard since this week is a bit crazy for me."

This is my speculation, but Josh might have planned for this busy week & had whimsy debut her first meta in his usual spot, MEOW #20. (Great debut, whimsy!) Let's let the week play out another day, or two, please.

Thanks Joe. I actually just planned to do nudges on Thursday since the puzzle was a day late but I forgot to mention the fact.

Consider the title. What could be wrapping, and where?

As someone (cough cough) already mentioned in the comments you need to find some psychologists lurking in the grid. The number of psychologists you need to find is different from the number of theme entries.

Don't be a flat-Earther
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

OTC, awaiting confirmation. I solved (hopefully) last night before the nudges. Thanks for a great puzzle, Josh!

Confirmed!
Last edited by Hidden in 3D on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sara
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

Off the couch, post-spoilers.
Well worth keeping the appointment this week.
Thanks Josh!
bhamren

Post by bhamren »

OTC after the spoilers. Sometimes you go down the wrong rabbit hole too far. The spoilers brought me back.
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Off the couch. Solved pre-spoilers. Loved everything about this puzzle. Thanks, Josh!
Cindy Heisler
minimuggle

Post by minimuggle »

Loved this puzzle grid. Perfect for this rainy day here. Still on the couch but enjoying the possibilities.
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Well, I think I am off the couch. Whew. It took all the spoilers plus help from Whimsy and boharr. This field is pretty far outside my knowledge range; I knew exactly half of the things I needed to know.

Confirmed. Thanks, all.
Cynthia
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

Solution (thanks for the graphic Joe!):

https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well RATS, just as I was going to post I FINALLY got it I see it has been revealed. I had SUCH a hard time with this one because I kept trying to take the end of the words (the "wrap" and make names or initials of famous psychiatrists/psychologists. I tried taking the end of EACH word. FInally last night I thought, "why can't I find any of the famous names....like Freud or Jung"? From the start I suspected MINAJ, because it has a J at the very end and is not that constructor "friendly" and I said "wow, if I could just attach it to the UNG in ungrateful dead....DUH!!! It was them that the "wrap" made sense. Great puzzle of course Josh, and thanks again for saving the bacon.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
minimuggle

Post by minimuggle »

Wow, I did not even come close to solving this but now that I see it it is genius.