Wheel Alignment

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Sur le canape! (Can I trust the online translator to be correct about this?)

Kicking myself once again, because I had done what I should, and I was literally staring at the answer -- AND MISSING IT!! -- when another Muggle was kind enough to "re-align" my perception.

Good puzzle, Chris!
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Off the couch.
Great puzzle - thanks!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Whadaya mean am I off the couch yet?!
Haven't even dared to sit down on it yet!!
Capturenoroom.JPG
JeanneC

Post by JeanneC »

Confirmed after a false start. Great puzzle. Learned some new words too!
“I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions”. Lillian Hellman
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

SewYoung wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 pm I believe I am off the couch and now waiting for the freezing rain. 26 degrees here on the ground and rain predicted overnight. Not good

Generator ready and gassed up.
Believe it or not, it is 19 degrees in Meridian, MS and supposed to go down to 12. Rain is gone. Surface streets were not cold enough to ice over today, but bridges were. Don't know if the streets dried enough to avoid ice tonight and tomorrow.
And today it is snowing, but already starting to melt. Early morning, lawn, sidewalks and street were covered with an inch or so. Now, even though the thermometer still says below 30 degrees and it is still snowing, the icicles and snow are starting to melt. The street looks only about half covered. I will bundle up and go for a walk in a few minutes and check out the rest of the neighborhood.
KayW

Post by KayW »

:couch_and_lamp: I've been aligned. Thanks Chris for another fun puzzle and meta!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

SewYoung wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:34 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 pm I believe I am off the couch and now waiting for the freezing rain. 26 degrees here on the ground and rain predicted overnight. Not good

Generator ready and gassed up.
Believe it or not, it is 19 degrees in Meridian, MS and supposed to go down to 12. Rain is gone. Surface streets were not cold enough to ice over today, but bridges were. Don't know if the streets dried enough to avoid ice tonight and tomorrow.
And today it is snowing, but already starting to melt. Early morning, lawn, sidewalks and street were covered with an inch or so. Now, even though the thermometer still says below 30 degrees and it is still snowing, the icicles and snow are starting to melt. The street looks only about half covered. I will bundle up and go for a walk in a few minutes and check out the rest of the neighborhood.
Want me to come down with my snowblower?
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Bob cruise director wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Please do! I don't know how to act with all this white stuff in my yard and you can't even buy a snow blower or snow shovel around here.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

I am not aligned. I had an idea but couldn't make it work. Will look again later.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

SewYoung wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Please do! I don't know how to act with all this white stuff in my yard and you can't even buy a snow blower or snow shovel around here.
Next storm I will have my wife video me clearing the driveway and send it to you
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Submitted but I feel like I am not quite there.

EDIT: Oh boy! I was not even close. I needed a big nudge from Chris to get it.
Last edited by lbray53 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Tuesday evening leaderboard:
Hector
LesY
Anita
Dplass
Tom Mueller
Meg
boharr
Bob cruise director
Cindy
oldjudge
ChrisKochmanski
schmeel
KayW
JeanneC
unruli24
BrennerTJ
eagle1279
markhr
lbray53
eagle1279

Post by eagle1279 »

Off the couch and confirmed, enjoyed this one. Thanks Chris!

(Haven’t shoveled snow for three years and I don’t miss it.)
Abide

Post by Abide »

No snow but chilly down here in Cassava. Awaiting tomorrow's re-aligning nudge.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Okay, Wednesday nudge day! Hoping it brings warmer weather across the country, brrrrr!

You are looking for five wheel/tire related entries

And don't go here unless you want to solve right away.

Graph paper would be helpful

Additional folks OTC:

Dow Jones
CP Johnson
Tom Wilson

And I was remiss in not mentioning that Al Sisti, as test solver, was first OTC . . . .
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

I got it, and with no nudges.
Cynthia
bhamren

Post by bhamren »

Off the couch and aligned. I looked at both the spoilers. The first one I already had those highlighted on my grid and the second didn't help me at all. So in a way I got it without nudges.
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

WHEE! Lallygagged here on the couch long enough, so now I’m up and at it, no nudge needed.
Great job Chris, and lots of fun.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Thanks to your hints, Chris, I am now singing "When the moon is in the seventh house." No need to take the puzzle clipboard to Date Night tonight! We missed you on the Zoom call last night.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Scott M

Post by Scott M »

First time off the couch. Thanks for the puzzle!
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain