"End of the Line"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Dplass wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:03 am
DrTom wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:36 am Well wouldn’t you know I managed to find an entirely different path to the wrong answer.

OK, stick with me here….The end of the line of the 4 theme answers was EL AL EL AL. Of course this invoked the famous Israeli airline (17A Abide, I see your MESHUGGENEH and raise you one SCHLEMIEL). Wait a second, there was a TV show where the end of the line was them arriving at their “fantasy” destination in an airplane. Oh, my goodness look what I see in 20A Bit of body art TAT, like TATTOO!

So (1) reference to an airplane (2) end of the line when it arrives at Fantasy Island (3) Tattoo (4) Four Word Phrase- I’VE GOT IT:
DaPlane.jpg

Of course Brian's is a lot more elegant, but since I was not a fan of Bob Dylan I would never have gotten the connection. Heck even when I knew the connection I and to look hard to find the mechanism. For my it was a complete unknown and I was on my own.
Um, except the prompt was a 4 word QUESTION...
Oh sure try to use facts on me when I'm chasing a will o' the wisp! I was so confused that 4 word question easily turned into four word phrase!

Like I said, entirely different path to the wrong answer, but OK, let me change things up a little:
DaPlane Quest.jpg
Tattoo said, puzzled...
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!