"Purloined Letters"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Oh, man, I didn't see this puzzle until today (Dec 28). So I did it after the fact, resisting the temptation to just scroll to Al's answer at post #32.

Terrific puzzle! Alas, I needed all three spoilers. Might have gotten it after two, but I became impatient.

Thanks, Al!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well there's another fine mess you've gotten me into....

Great puzzle and far too sophisticated for my solving capability but impressive all the same. I had about 7 different bunny trails some that ALMOST yielded a word and some that yielded nothing but rabbit pellets. But keep them coming and perhaps one day I'll either get the answer or that Red Ryder BB gun (cause I darn near put my eye out trying to solve - it involves a frustrated hand with pencil to the forehead and afterward a good deal of saline flushes and a drop of prednisolone 1% ophthalmic)
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!