Labor Day

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

madhatter5 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 am Sorry Tom, I had your cryptic all ready and then somehow never copied it over. Pretty ironic but I guess we're even now ;)

All for the better I guess, the best I could think of was "Drive to mass" which does not do you justice
Well I like it but I’m keeping half drum medic….
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Abide

Post by Abide »

Good Lord, these leaderboards are incredible. Great work, Josh!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

I agree with @MaineMarge and @HeadinHome about cryptics. I am definitely a crypticphobe and I told Josh that he really should not go to the trouble for my screen name! Oh by the way, I believe I am off the couch, but every single nudge was needed to drag me from the cushions!
Sara
woozy

Post by woozy »

RPardoe wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:01 pm Suspecting where I think folks might get stuck, may I be so bold as to add:

If you run out of room trying to solve, look outside the box

Blatant spoiler, so a nested spoiler to prevent an accidental reveal: If not in the grid, look to the clues.

It's funny... I realized the theme answers were selected but not made by madhatter5 so there couldn't be any code in the theme answers unless it had actually *been* there for centuries (such as JASON in the months of the year in order.... I suppose a constructor could make meta where the theme answers are the months of the year in order and the answer is JASON but the constructor didn't actually make the meta... the meta had always existed) so if the theme answers *can't* have the code..... I'm embarrassed to admit how look I had thought about that before I thought to look elswhere for the code
Latest meta: Never forget... and never mind (A WSJ retaliation)
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

Solution courtesy of Joe Ross:

labor day reveal.PNG
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer