A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 pm
- Location: Biloxi
Good morning and welcome to another Muggle Meta Monday!
The meta answer is a literary detective.
Also available to solve online at www.crosshare.org HERE
Prize puzzle: Submit your answer by PM before Saturday at 10pm eastern. Randomly drawn winner wins their choice of a Fireball baseball cap or book of NY Sun puzzles.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
- Posts: 1054
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:41 pm
- Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Sure hope I’m right about this one! If so, it’s a lovely strategy. Awaiting confirmation.
Off the sofa!
Last edited by Meg
on Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:02 pm
- Location: Philly Area
The knitters will be pleased!
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:38 pm
I do believe I'm off the couch, pending confirmation.
Excellent meta - @Abide, you're a magician. Maybe even a genie.
Thanks for the puzzle!
- Posts: 752
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 pm
- Location: NYC
Off the couch, I think. Awaiting confirmation with a smile on my face. An inspired puzzle, I just didn't know what the inspiration was till I followed 60A.
- Posts: 748
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
Good luck, fellow Muggles! I'm happy to give nudges, but only if you're still stuck on Sunday. Just send me a PM and tell me what you've tried so far.
- Posts: 1200
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm
- Location: San Francisco
- Posts: 968
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 am
- Location: Westchester, NY
Answer to this very sneaky one has been submitted.
EDIT: Confirmed. I am off the couch. Thanks, Peter.
- Posts: 829
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm
- Location: Matthews
Now that was cool!
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 6:15 pm
- Location: Maryland
That was adorable! Off the couch! Loved it - Kudos to @Abide!
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm
Oh that was quite an invention! Well done, Peter!
- Posts: 200
- Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:31 am
- Location: Metro Detroit
- Posts: 752
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 am
- Location: Pasadena, CA
Great job Peter—-creative and lots of fun. Pretty sure I have the correct solution-confirmed.
Last edited by oldjudge
on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 735
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:10 am
- Location: Chicago
- Posts: 897
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:51 pm
- Location: Saline, Michigan
Off the couch!
With a bit of a nudge.
Now that’s … meta!
- Posts: 1686
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 am
- Location: Cincinnati
Great, we're off the couch. When I wake up, I'll get myself out of this bag:
- Posts: 877
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm
- Location: Studio City, CA
Waiting for confirmation but 60 A made me laugh!
- Posts: 821
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 am
Ha, got it! 60A was enough confirmation. Excellent!
- Posts: 369
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:09 pm
- Location: Houston, TX
Solved (and confirmed)
Meta Nudges - If you need some help, please feel free to PM me with what you have tried and where you are stuck.
Cryptic Puzzles - If you are stuck or want to understand how to parse a clue, please feel free to PM me.
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm