Episode #266 Contest: "Discovered"

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
BarbaraK

Episode #266 Contest: "Discovered"

Post by BarbaraK »

The solution to this puzzle is a popular toy.

http://bit.ly/fmi266con

I've split the banana. Clever and elegant.

Muggles have won several recent FMI contests. Here's hoping for another one this time.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Very clever! Might be my favorite of these so far.
bcimmet

Post by bcimmet »

Hello Muggle forum -- just wanted to say hello, and welcome any and all of you back to the "locally sourced" Fill Me In contest puzzles! I'm not as prodigious as some other meta puzzle makers out there, and too much real life has kept me out of the constructing zone in past weeks.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this contest puzzle! I would have rated it at 2.6 bananas, but I'm raising that to 3.2 since one of my test solvers (who usually eats these puzzles alive) had some trouble at first. So maybe it's trickier than I originally thought!

Happy solving!
--
Fill Me In, a crossword podcast
Apple Podcasts • RSS Feed • fmi@bemoresmarter.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
boharr

Post by boharr »

I have peeled the banana.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

The banana has been split! With thanks to another solver, who gave me a very helpful nudge. Make that two.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Clever one, thanks, Brian!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Hmmm. I thought this was a 100% no doubter, but on the podcast today they said it took a while to get a correct answer. Don't know how long they consider "a while" but I sent in my answer last Tuesday afternoon. Guess I'll find out next week if I missed something.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Congratulations FrankieHeck! Great to see the muggle winning streak continue!

For the non-podcast folks, the answer was indeed FRISBEE, found by interpreting the title as "disc over ED" and taking the letter above ED in down entries.
bcimmet wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 am Anyway, I hope you enjoy this contest puzzle! I would have rated it at 2.6 bananas, but I'm raising that to 3.2 since one of my test solvers (who usually eats these puzzles alive) had some trouble at first. So maybe it's trickier than I originally thought!
I think people are so used to across theme entries that just having them down makes it trickier than you'd expect.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

Oh my gosh. I was having a crappy, crappy day and I am so excited to win something :-)