Episode #317 Contest: "Take a Break"

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
Abide

Episode #317 Contest: "Take a Break"

Post by Abide »

Posting latest puzzle for Brian:

Hello solvers! There's a new contest puzzle from Fill Me In. This puzzle is Abide-rated at 2.25 bananas. (Bananas has nothing to do with the puzzle, it's just a 1-to-5 scale we made up.)

The puzzle is called "Take a Break" and was constructed by Norah Sharpe. The solution to the puzzle is a common four letter word.

The crossword can be downloaded from here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6ak3autbknv3 ... n.puz?dl=1You're welcome to solve, you're even welcome to join in the chatter about the puzzle -- but if you want to be eligible for a prize, you have to listen to the podcast for this week's password. The podcast can be found on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, our own website https://bemoresmarter.libsyn.com/fill-m ... in-sconces, or wherever you collect your podcasts.

Once you've solved the puzzle, submit your answer and this week's password by email to fmi@bemoresmarter.com. You can also contact us with any suggestions, questions, comments, or ideas. Thanks for playing along!
Last edited by Abide on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
boharr

Post by boharr »

Got it. Clever and fun puzzle. Thank you, Ms. Sharpe.
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

I took a break and solved it.
Fun puzzle!
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

solved
rjy

Post by rjy »

Got it... fun solve!
Ray
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Meta solved, podcast played, password googled (to figure out how to spell it), and email sent. So I’d say that banana is peeled, split, and covered with ice cream.

Nice one, Norah!
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Is there a solution available for this one in text/visual form? Thanks! Perhaps I'll look at it some more while I'm looking at 319....
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Fun puzzle-nice job by Brian!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

627C2D5A-06A8-4B56-93BA-5B4D01470D86.jpeg
The answer was TIME.

You can put the word time in the “break” between the two words in each theme answer and have a phrase on either side

Game time & time clock
Show time & time piece
Limited time & time release
Full time & time frame
Over time & time share