EPISODE #301-Contest:UNDER WHERE?

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
oldjudge

EPISODE #301-Contest:UNDER WHERE?

Post by oldjudge »

This week’s puzzle is a meta by Brian Cimmet. I think most solvers will find it challenging, interesting, and well constructed. Submit your solution, along with this week’s password, for a chance to win a prize of your choice. Unfortunately, they are out of Lamborghinis, but there are still some neat prizes available. Brian, along with his partner Ryan Hecht, also host an amazing weekly podcast where crossword puzzles along with other aspects of life are entertainingly discussed. I highly recommend it.
Last edited by oldjudge on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hector

Post by Hector »

challenging, interesting, and well constructed
Hear, hear.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Got it.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

The problem with two week deadlines is that I get no sense of urgency. Did the grid, didn't see anything meta right away, so set it aside to come back to later, and then all but forgot about it. Just back to it now, and still not seeing anything obvious.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

BarbaraK wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 pm The problem with two week deadlines is that I get no sense of urgency. Did the grid, didn't see anything meta right away, so set it aside to come back to later, and then all but forgot about it. Just back to it now, and still not seeing anything obvious.
Same here! And I can never remember when the deadline is. I just remembered about 15 minutes ago that I hadn't solved this meta. I know I filled the grid out twice and forgot to save it both times, and now I have to decide if I want to fill it out again...
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Got it. With a nudge. Good one!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I never got anywhere with this one and planned to just let it go.

But I've been listening to old Fill Me In episodes, and I just heard #104, in which Brian argues vigorously that if one can't solve a puzzle they should get a hint, not just give up, because solving with a hint is better than not solving at all. He never did convince Ryan. But he did convince me that I should ask for a nudge on this one, so I just sent a PM.

It's past the deadline to submit, but I won't hear the answer until tomorrow, so there's still today for the joy of solving.

Update: banana peeled, with a little help from a friend
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Congratulations Peter @Abide ! Great to see another muggle winner!