Episode #299 Contest: What A Year It Has Been!

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
oldjudge

Episode #299 Contest: What A Year It Has Been!

Post by oldjudge »

This week’s puzzle is called “What A Year It Has Been!” constructed by Brian Cimmet. The solution to this puzzle is an animal. I think you will find the puzzle to be fun and different.
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Fun and different it was indeed.
Banana's peeled.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

oldjudge wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm This week’s puzzle is called “What A Year It Has Been!” constructed by Brian Cimmet. The solution to this puzzle is an animal. I think you will find the puzzle to be fun and different.
And you won the last one, right?! Congratulations!!

I've peeled the new banana, and yes, I did find it fun.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Yes, thank you. I was very surprised when I heard that on the podcast.
LesY

Post by LesY »

Solved. Fun puzzle from Brian!

(btw I initially tried to read 53A in a way that would have been quite an announcement!)
Hector

Post by Hector »

Clicking on the link in the podcast episode page did nothing for me (in Chrome on PC), but (in case anyone else is having trouble), copying the link and pasting it in the address bar of a new tab worked to get the .puz.

I tried posting the link in this post, but that just gave the same problem. Do the copy/paste of http://bit.ly/fmi299con

Edit: Done. Solid outing.
bcimmet

Post by bcimmet »

Hello all -- thanks for starting up a new thread for our latest contest puzzle. Just to add my usual spiel here:

There's a new contest puzzle from Fill Me In. I'll rate this one 2.3 bananas on a scale of 5 bananas. (Bananas has nothing to do with the puzzle, it's just a 1-to-5 scale we made up.)

The puzzle is called "What a Year It Has Been!" and was constructed by me (Brian Cimmet). The solution to the puzzle is an animal.

The crossword can be downloaded from here. You're welcome to solve, you're even welcome to join in the chatter about the puzzle -- but if you want to be eligible for a prize, you have to listen to the podcast for this week's password. The podcast can be found here (via Apple Podcasts), or just search for it wherever you enjoy podcasts.

Once you've solved the puzzle, submit your answer and this week's password by email to fmi@bemoresmarter.com. You can also contact us with any suggestions, questions, comments, or ideas. Thanks for playing along!
--
Fill Me In, a crossword podcast
Apple Podcasts • RSS Feed • fmi@bemoresmarter.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
bcimmet

Post by bcimmet »

Hector wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:13 pm Clicking on the link in the podcast episode page did nothing for me (in Chrome on PC), but (in case anyone else is having trouble), copying the link and pasting it in the address bar of a new tab worked to get the .puz.

I tried posting the link in this post, but that just gave the same problem. Do the copy/paste of http://bit.ly/fmi299con

Edit: Done. Solid outing.
Hi @Hector -- I'm sorry that the link didn't work for you. I just checked it myself, and also had trouble getting the file. I don't know what happened. I've fixed the show notes now (though it seems you all have found the puzzle anyway).

Sorry about that!
--
Fill Me In, a crossword podcast
Apple Podcasts • RSS Feed • fmi@bemoresmarter.com • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Hi Brian! Great puzzle. Small request, for those of us who like to print out and solve the puzzles on paper can you provide a pdf link with the puzzles? Thank you!
boharr

Post by boharr »

Got it. Fun one.
Meg

Post by Meg »

Solved this one.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Abide

Post by Abide »

oldjudge wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:33 pm Hi Brian! Great puzzle. Small request, for those of us who like to print out and solve the puzzles on paper can you provide a pdf link with the puzzles? Thank you!
I usually print the .puz file because you can set the black squares to very light gray under Options. I like to do my part for the environment.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Filled it in!

I got sucked down a deep rabbit hole early but managed to Google my way out of it.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Banana peeled and ready to be split. Fun!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:banana: submitted
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

KayW wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:00 am:banana: submitted
Congratulations, Kay!!

Love seeing another muggle winner
KayW

Post by KayW »

BarbaraK wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:09 pm
KayW wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:00 am:banana: submitted
Congratulations, Kay!!

Love seeing another muggle winner
Woohoo!!! Thank you, @BarbaraK - and for tipping me off to the fact that I won :lol: I only recently started doing this meta and I don't always remember to check the podcasts.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Hector

Post by Hector »

There's another, very fun, one up at

Oh cool, it made the link into an audio player.

Here's the link to the website.