National Post Cryptic: by Cox and Rathvon Saturday February 20

Enter if you dare!
Richard B.

National Post Cryptic: by Cox and Rathvon Saturday February 20

Post by Richard B. »

RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Richard B. wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:56 am Enjoy!
Thanks!

I did.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Thanks for posting this, and thanks to SewYoung for telling me about them! I appreciate having just a plain ordinary cryptic. I do the WSJ ones too, but they often have an extra twist. As a newbie to these, it's challenging enough just solving the cryptic clues without also figuring out what else to do.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

BarbaraK wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:12 pm ....As a newbie to these, it's challenging enough just solving the cryptic clues without also figuring out what else to do.
If you are looking for additional "normal" cryptics, you might want to check out "Out of Left Field" by Kosman / Picciotto. These two were the cryptic setters for The Nation magazine until it decided to discontinue the puzzle.

Each puzzle is released with some commentary (no spoilers about the puzzle, but about cryptics in general) on Thursday. Then a "post mortem" is published on Monday discussing some of the clues (and solver comments). With a spoiler warning if still working the puzzle.

There is a subscription cost ($3 per month at the lowest level). If interested: Out of Left Field Patreon page